An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Totally bummed

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by kgord, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Contributor

This is a really good idea. Sometimes we see ourselves way too often and we can't see the truth about ourselves. If we stand back and look at photographic evidence, the changes are readily apparent. Even the smallest improvement is indeed something to celebrate and later you can put all of those pictures into a video montage and sit back and watch yourself get thinner right before your eyes.
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I've come to realize weight loss is really about metabolism. The faster your metabolism is the quicker you can loose weight. The best thing to do is research ways to speed up your metabolism. Of course whatever you do make sure it's good for your over all health.
  3. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

Yes. Photos capture a specific moment in time. A moment where you can look back on and compare to the present. That is why I think that idea is fit. (no pun intended)
  4. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I agree that taking a picture of yourself each month is very beneficial. Wear the same outfit each time and you will really start to notice the difference. Sometimes, you have to step outside of yourself to see the difference in yourself. For me, I never can see myself differently even though I would lose weight. I would still feel like I did before I lost the weight and that would be all I see. I do not like the scale and have heard doctors say that it is not the numbers on the scale but the inches that really tell the difference in your health. Just keep going and you will see the progress you have made.