An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Treating Yourself

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Rosyrain, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I enjoy walking because I am a curious person and I like the adventure of seeing where a trail or road leads. Sometimes I can walk up to 10 miles and always feel good about myself afterward. I am not a gamer so that is out of the cards for me. My fiance can play games for hours and it drives me crazy.
  2. PrideKidd

PrideKidd Active Contributor

This is going to sound crazy but when I was detoxing and going through the get clean process, I used video games as a great way to distract myself from wanting to use. Basically anything that can keep your mind off of it in a positive manor is a plus. Try asking your fiance to play a little less so there is more time for you. Video gaming can be an addiction in itself so I try to limit the time I do play. :)
  3. 003

003 Community Champion

Sexy body, handsome face and healthy relationship with family and friends. As I see it there are more to value in life if we open our eyes to love and compassion. Once that we've become enthusiastic at one thing, we'd be able to see real beauty that will inspire us to become the best persons that we can be. So let's live life with love and compassion.