An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Truely concerned

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Joshstillclean, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

sometimes we can be a pain in the as$ to our loved ones. i know i was to my family.
    for a good ten years not only an emotional pain but a financial pain and quite litteraly a health risk to my aging grandparents. how i wish i could take that back...
    i never said goodbye to my grandfather because i was too ashamed of my constant relapsing to go to the hospital and speak to him. i had fully planned on doing it when i came down, but he passed the night before i was going to go.
    like i said ohh how i wish i could take some stuff back. i have a friend in florida that i recently posted about that i had suspitions about using a couple days ago when i celebrated my 18 months. the reason i had my suspitions is because when i called him to tell him right after i posted on line here, he answered the phone with "i'll ppick you up over the weekend and drive you back if you by the beer.".
    i told him how un-funny this was and when he realized why i called the subject changed immediately and he denied using.

well now he calls me and asks if i would like i could come and stay at his place for a few days and he will take me and my son to a few nice spots and eat out go to the beach and stuff-if i put a clutch in his work truck. he doesn't have the money to pay someone because he lost his job a week or two ago.. he can't really remember what happened it was no big deal- yeah ok.
    offer declined.
    i litterally have written everyone off. BECAUSE>>>they express no desire to get sober and clean.
    i have been INPATIENT 13 TIMES!!!!!! that's a little over 90,000 dollars. i would know. my mom kept very good track of it over the years. but now my debt is totally forgiven. 13th time was a charm and as far as she's concerned that is well worth 90,000 dollars. that's love.
    i have that same love for a very few people that i still hold out hope for. and i will NEVER write off someone no matter how many times they relapse if i can tell they want to be clean. simply because i have been there. 13 times...my parents were never gonna give up. i see now that they would have rather gone broke and have me live than give up on me.

i'll just stop with this- i am Truely concerned that another friend of mine has relpased. i'm not sure because they will not get in touch with me. my friend has my number. i wish they would call me. at least let me know they are ok.
    people-- like i said a day or two ago there is someone out there that loves you and cares. if you are relapsing i don't care how many times, just let your friends and family know you are ok.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Joshstillclean very moving post. i'm glad your parents never gave up on you.... and i think it's good you declined to go off with your friend... you're right in that intent matters... i hope your friend is doing alright... i understand what it's like to not give up on someone, but still have boundaries around certain things. that's wise.

hope you have a great saturday!
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I am truly concerned about your friend, too, @Joshstillclean. I am praying for him. Hard. And sending positive energy in his direction. If you hear anything from him, let us know.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ok so I don't think you are talking about the friend you mentioned here because you spoke to him and you later say "Another friend" who won't contact you even though they have your number.

So I kinda feel stupid asking this as well as arrogant in a way... but are you referring to me as the person with your number who won't contact you?If it's not me,great,if it is me I apologise jail, and broken hand's make it tough to access the site
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

Money well spent
  6. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

7. True concern

True concern Moderator

No I'm out now, I was in jail.But I do have two broken hand's,very painful and here comes TMI...very tough to wipe lol I think I need a bidet toilet
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  8. deanokat

That made me chuckle, Arthur. Although I know it's not a laughing matter for you. :(
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Oh man at this point I'm laughing at myself so laugh away my friend....but if you know where I can get a good deal on that bidet let me know lol,lately I've been just falling off the toilet straight into the shower and yelling "HELP"
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  10. Joshstillclean

Nothing to worry about anymore I recently found out he's ok, well sort of.
    He sounds sober although he asked where he could get a bidet toilet????
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  11. Joshstillclean

But thanks for asking as I was (True ly
    Concern ed).......
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

I'm still making progress and I appreciate the concern,truly I do.Now I am sitting here wondering how many times we can flip those 2 word's into various post/comments. Just trying to stay positive you know?Thats all I can do
    Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  13. deanokat

:D:D:D
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

15. True concern

True concern Moderator

THIS POST IS REAL ADDICT LIFE AND AS I RE READ IT I AM EVEN MORE GRATEFUL I KNOW YOU.MAY JESUS CHRIST BLESS YOU'RE EVER MOMENT IN LIFE
    Davers and Joshstillclean like this.
  16. Joshstillclean

love u 2 bro. Jesus Christ bless
    Davers and True concern like this.
  17. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Glad to see Josh is still around , I was wondering , but I may have missed his posts .
  18. Joshstillclean

Present