New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Update on daughter

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Child' started by Momma9, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

I spoke with my daughter who is a recovering meth addict and in prison tonight. A guy who has been helping her financially and calling, writing, and visiting her came to see her today. He told her he had 2-8 balls of meth out in his car and couldn't wait until she got out to get high with him. Ugh. I told her to stop talking to him, but she feels like she needs his financial help. I cannot really offer her any financial help right now.

There is really nothing I can do about it, but I am sure you all can understand my frustration! This guy is in his 60's, active in his church, and looks like an upstanding citizen. It makes me wonder if anyone is to be trusted anymore!! I just pray my daughter can stay away from these types when she gets out in October.
  2. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

I'm hearing trouble waiting for your daughter especially if she feels he may help her financially once she is released. At least she did let you know that guy's intentions so it's not a bomb dropped on you.

Have you and your daughter talked about emergency assistance programs that are available? She should start planning now before she gets out.
  3. Momma9

We do have a plan for her when she gets out, but it is hard for her to get out of the 'hustling' mindset - that it is easier to get money by manipulation and drugs than to work. I think that is going to be the hardest thing for her to recover from. I let her know that I cannot help or support her if she has contact with any of these people when she gets out.
    MrsJones likes this.
  4. An addict of hardcore drugs will always have a 'hustling' mindset if they stay in it too long. Unfortunately addiction feeds a dark side of people that can cause them to become rather manipulative. My own cousin is currently addicted to meth and she can't get away from it, and she's lost her son because of it. Meth is probably one of the hardest drugs to get away from... I am keeping you and your daughter in my prayers, and I do suggest you keep reminding her that the "gentleman" is no good for her!
    MrsJones likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Momma9... I will say a little prayer for your daughter. I hope that she will find the right path before she gets out in October. Just remember: You can't control it and you can't cure it.

Hugs to you, my friend.
    Momma9 and MrsJones like this.
  6. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Is there a way @Momma9 can anonymously report this guy to the authorities and have him locked up so that he won't be any influence on your daughter when she comes out?
    I am saying this out of my heart and as a mother; anyone who poses to be a threat to my children will be pulled down before they can even get near.

Report him anonymously to his church and even to the authorities so that he stays away from your daughter and your family. Your daughter doesn't need to know anything about your plan.
    Momma9 likes this.
  7. Momma9

Good idea @darkrebelchild! Unfortunately, I think they would suspect it was me! Sadly, with the crowd he is hanging out with and the risks he is taking, he will likely get himself in trouble soon enough. If he hasn't by the time she is getting out in October, I will seriously consider it!