An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Urgent Help / PERCOCET

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Snow, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Snow

Snow Member

I have a friend. They are addicted to Percocet. The dealer is an ex abusiver partner. Who so happens to live directly opposite to her.

He is able to obtain these drugs and gives / sells them to her. It’s spiralling out of control. She will even end up dead or murdered. She has zero life, the only life is the confinement of the four walls.

The ex is constantly checking in on her, verbally and psychially abusing her. There are also two young children within the household.

This person does want to get of them. She has seen it kill of friends. And she knows it’s a ‘Power’ the ex is holding over her. The trouble is she has no one to help her in terms of the children. Her Mother has as far refused to take them. This girl needs to get into rehab and under go a detox. But what will be of the kids? So you can see how she is trapped in an never ending loop.

She is a Candian resident. I don’t know how she would be able to move out? Possible exchanging? Anyhow, point being is. She needs help and soon. With either moving away from the abusive drug dealing on a power trip lowlife ex whom or detox (with a solution to what to do with the kids)

I’m unfamiliar with how it works in Canada. I’m a European resident. I would very much appreciate any advice, guidelines, telephone numbers on any possible lead to a solution. So I can help get this person the help they deserve and do ‘Want’ before they end up dead.

Thank you for reading. God bless.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I am so sorry to hear this and I have no idea as I'm not a European resident,maybe these individuals can offer a phone number or something @deanokat @Dominica .I pray they can direct you to some help.Stay Strong and God Bless you
    deanokat and Lostboy8731 like this.
  3. Snow

Snow Member

Thank you ever so much. I have know this person for eleven months now. The only form of a social life they have is on the world of online gaming. Spent ever day since video calling built up a solid friendship. To clarify I’m the European resident. My friend with this issue, she resides in Canada.

But I’ve been very naive and stupid towards the subject. I didn’t realise how serious it was. Makes me a complete idiot. I had never even heard of the drug. Today I finally looked it up, and found a link to direct me here.

I’m at a complete lose. The ex gave her physical abuse this morning. So much so, she’s terrified to even text me. I feel very powerless, since she’s across the pond.

My first and last hope. I felt best within a conmunity. Many thanks for the response. Regards and bless.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

First off you are not an idiot, a person who cares for someone else is never an idiot.You probably feel helpless, still a far cry from being an udiot.I will tag one more person who I know wh9 lives in Canada and maybe they might know how to get help there @lonewolves This individual is looking for guidance to help someone in Canada I don't know thought you might know.ok so I pray between the 3 I have tagged one of them can point you in the correct direction @lonewolves is a Canadian citizen so unfortunately that's the best I got at this time. All 3 of the people I have tagged are wonderful, caring soul's who have all helped me greatly. I will check in with you in a little while,but never forget....YOU are not an idiot!!STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Snow... Welcome to the community. And I completely agree with @True concern: You are NOT an idiot. You are a caring, concerned friend who is trying to help someone who needs it. That makes you anything but an idiot. The fact that you didn't know more about Percocet or how serious your friend's problem was doesn't make you stupid, either. Drugs and addiction are not something most people know a lot about...until it affects someone they care about.

I don't have a lot of experience with drug treatment in Canada, so my best advice would be to call, or have your friend call, the number at the top of this page (877-711-4786). They can probably direct you (or your friend) to the proper resources in Canada.

One thing you should know: If your friend is not willing to get help, there probably isn't much you can do for them. Especially from afar. Your friend has to want to seek treatment.

We are here to help and support you any way we can.

P.S. I just found this guide online that may help you/your friend:

Finding Quality Addiction Care in Canada

Definitely go to that link and check it out.
    True concern likes this.
  6. Jai50

Jai50 Senior Contributor

This is a very bad situation. I understand abuse and the power he has over ur friend. I was there once a long time back. Not only the opiate addiction but the mental a physical abuse.
    I'm in the US and there is a place for women and there children can go to get the help she needs.
    There is a lot of information on line for women in her situation. Idk if they all are International. I heard of one called purple purse?? It's a private Organization for Abused women but I don't know if it gives support for drug abuse.
    At least try to get her to understand she needs to get her kids out of that environment.
    True concern and deanokat like this.