An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Valium running out

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Josh111187, May 4, 2018.

1. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Hi I'm new here sorry6if this is the wrong place to post this but here goes. I'm on 40mg diazepam and 4mg sub a day. I can't get it filled for5 days so in order for it to last I'm gonna either have to skip days of half my dose. This happens every month and I'm not being able to care for my son when I go into wd. Any advice would be welcome. Cravings are so bad I always rationalize a reason to take to much and run out early. I'm tired of this cycle.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Josh111187 hey there. thanks for reaching out. i am not sure what to do in this situation, as i'm not familiar with the meds.

are you able to discuss this with the dr. that prescribes them? be honest and ask him/her to help you in figuring out what to do....

that's what i would do.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Josh111187... Definitely discuss this with your doctor. We are not medical professionals here, so we can't really give you any advice about prescriptions, dosages, etc. I would just suggest that going forward you take the pills as prescribed. If you do that, you won't run short. Ever.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I truly feel for you but you are indeed making progress,i welcome you to this community with open arm's.Now that i see the dose of i believe it's Ativan a.k.a.diazepam the best thing you can do at this time frame is cut that to 20mg a day,that will keep your mind from slipping,i know from experience though your anxiety will be elevated your mind will not slip.Now on the Suboxone unfortunately same cut it in half this will atleast keep your internal organs from shutting down,which in turn keeps you alive.Detox sucks always but atleast you have enough medicine to do it safely.God bless and Good luck if ever you need to talk feel free to reach out to me as well @Dominica and @deanokat as im fairly new here myself but the other two individuals are truly informed and care with a passion equal to myself.Stay Strong we are here for you and when you get your new refills after this 5 day period i recommend you cease the moment as your tolerance will adjust down in this 5 day span i suggest definitely do not take more than directed and infact i encourage you to continue on 20mg and 2 mg for an additional 10 day's and at that point your almost free of addiction 10 more day's 10mg and 1mg and 10 day's from that i know from experience when you look into the mirror you will see in your reflection the biggest smile you have ever seen and when you see the joy at a glance from a loved one it will be a glance of a child feeled with pride and joy to know something in you is different and i suspect something like that would mean the world to you again i kbow from experience and it's a better feeling than anything any substance ever gave me.But if you stummble and fall down simply stand up and dust your self off.You can do this i know that,i believe in you and i will support you as often as you need im rooting for you
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. Josh111187

Thank you all. I think I'm psyching myself out to some extent because I feel that if I could just stop dwelling on what bad things could happen then I might not be so anxious but my mind is stuck in a loop. I can't seem to break it.
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Josh111187 if you can't get to a dr., do a crash course learning all you can online about how to break this loop. so much free information via books, articles, and videos.....
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Josh111187 How are you doing?Are you still actively working on your medication dose's?Curious for an update my friend
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Josh111187

Yes doing good I gotta get my son back in bed again but ill give you an update tomorrow in the thread I started called tapering off valium and Subutex.
    deanokat likes this.
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener