An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Vaping

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by JoshPosh, Nov 19, 2014.

1. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

I have never really heard of or seen such a vaporizer. It's incredible how ignorant I am about this. But then I currently live in a third world country where even walnuts are rarely seen in shops. :) Also, it's been almost 5 years now since I gave up smoking, and hardly anyone in my circle of friends lights up.
    I think if it works for you, then by all means, use it! :)
  2. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Senior Contributor

I've actually started vaping because I wanted to get off cigarettes. I can tell you from first-hand experience that it really does work. Vaping can not only get you off cigarettes, but it also has many other positive benefits. You definitely do feel better. For me, I get my appetite back (which felt really weird at first) and I could taste things better than I have in a long time.
  3. RoseK

RoseK Active Contributor

What does anyone think of laws prohibiting vaping in public places? Do you think vaping is synonymous with smoking in this regard?
  4. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

I don't smoke or vape but my wife has quit smoking and now vapes. I think the laws are a knee jerk reaction because lawmakers don't know what to do with it yet. I'm guessing the laws will adapt as things progress.
  5. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I switched to vaping two months ago or so and I can say I'm feeling way better than before. I mean, yeah, I know it's not the safest thing to do, but it's way better than smoking usual cigarettes, and now I can at least breathe fresh air (and I feel this as my mouth doesn't stink anymore and also my tongue is cleaner). I recommend switching to vaping as it helps you reduce the nicotine level and you can quit easily after.
  6. mildredbonk89

mildredbonk89 Member

I've always thought vaping is the ultimate form of denial. It doesn't feel anything at all like smoking a cigarette. It doesn't taste like it, the devices are usually bulky and cumbersome, and they've always made my lungs feel weird. Way more aggravated than a cigarette would ever make them feel. If you're going to quit smoking, just quit. It's hard for a while, but you'll adapt. If your really want to quit, you will. They haven't proven anything yet, but I have a strong belief that in twenty or so years, they will discover that vaping causes its own host of health problems. If you really want to be healthy, just eliminate nicotine from your life completely. You will be happy you did. Not worth it.