An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Video Games

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by JoshPosh, Dec 31, 2014.

1. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

I use to be a video game junkie. But not anymore. I should look into it again. Being addicted to video games is no way close to that of an illegal substance. Sure there are other things that could be doing that would be more constructive, but anything at this point would be a good thing. Better then using again.
  2. johnny

johnny Member

Awesome work! definitely way better than slipping away into the bottom of the bottle!
  3. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

It's great to find out I'm not the only one doing this. Video games are so much fun! I know they can get really addictive too but ultimately what's the worst that can happen? As long as you're not playing more than 10h a day I guess playing video games can prove to be a needed distraction. That's one way of coping with stuff.
  4. AndreaGill

AndreaGill Member

Think that it is wonderful) If games replace you such a destructive habit, go ahead! My brother also had some problems, and after then he broke the relationships, only video games treated him. He spent all day long near the computer, as I understand his favourite game is League of legends. He was increasing his level and participated in championships. He was really happy during the game. He told me about lol boosting , said that it is must have for those who like to play lol. Now he is really professional and even make money on winnings)
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  5. AndreaParr

AndreaParr Member

I stopping playing video games because it takes me a lot of time.
    Davers likes this.