An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wallabies Get High Too!

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Sparkster, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

2. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is interesting to know that animals can also get high by themselves although I do not consider that a good thing. Maybe they can also get addicted and that could also affect their minds/behavior as well as their health conditions.
  3. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

You have just solved the crop circle mystery! For so long people have believed it was ET. Now we know this is not true if we live in wallaby land. I find this truly amazing. The dolphins seem to do it consciously. I wonder if the wallaby's do too?
  4. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Wow - it sounds like maybe they ate the crops by accident and didn't realize the effect, perhaps? It seems crazy to me that an animal would seek out a way to get high. Anyway, it does lend some explanation to the reason behind the crop circles -- but I can't imagine being the first person who discovered it, and trying to explain to people that it was caused by high wallabies!
  5. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Yeah, I've actually done a lot of research into crop circles! Some of them date back over 300 years and are of very intricate design. The earliest documented report was in 1678 and was said to be caused by the mowing devil.
  6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

They are animals too. They can get addicted to substances if they are subjected to it over time. I know dogs that are pot heads because their owners blow second hand smoke in their faces. After time the dogs get high on it and they are serious pot heads where if they get a hint of it in the air the crave it and beg their owners for it.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Lol, thanks a lot for the laugh, I needed it :p I've always thought wallabies were the sweetest and most innocent creatures ever. Funny to read they do have a very dark side ;) I hope their addiction doesn't become a problem for them in the future, animal or no animal addictions are not good at all, but it's kinda funny when I read about this kind of things.

By the way, I find it so amazing that dolphins get high too... with puffer fishies, lol. I'm sorry, but this is so hilarious! I was shocked when I read they passed the fish like humans would pass a joint...
  8. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Lol funny thing. Like catnip for cats. Animals get wild over things or it has effects on them. Elephants, horses, jaguars, dogs, all have things they like to get high on. I guess all of them would. Lol its funny I never really thought about it.