An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Was this Sativa or laced weed?

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Halloweenlover33, Sep 15, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

In moderation I agree because you can't learn common sense online that takes human to human activities
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Very true brother nothing beats experience
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

Now this is interesting. I have noticed that all the addicts that I know love to learn.
    I've thought about this before. But now someone else said it.
    Has anyone else noticed a correlation between using substances and heightened interest in learning particular subjects-any subject- but learning in general.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

Most definitely, not to glorify drug use but it's been said that curious mind get into curious thing's and I think that applies to substances
  5. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

Never heard that one before. Something similiar, but that does make sense.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

Yep I think your on to something there man
    True concern likes this.
  7. Onceaddicted77

So I've been reading more about what happens when we smoke cannabis and ive basically come to this conclusion.

Thc replaces an important chemical in our brain that controls when our neurons fire our transmitters across the Snaypse. It's called anandamide everytime our neurons fire it sends anandamide back to signal when to fire again, like for balance a timer.

Thc and CBd and other cannabinoids fit in our CB1 and CB2 receptors and also can pass through the blood brain barrier to replace the chemical anandamide so when we get high our neurons are firing way to fast. We all know what happens when we get too much firing going on we get euphoria. Some transmitters cant keep up and so some start to overtake others some turn into others and create an imbalance. Or possibly fix an imbalance.

Increased Dopamine glutimate basically all our excitery transmitters because our neurons contain those receptors. Also we will begin to get deregulation of those receptors and it will require more and more thc to get high and cause depression if you abuse it. Also can help at low dose to speed up our neurons if we have an imbalance and help depression. Probably why it helps with withdrawl of other drugs.

Drs that are not in the cannabis card selling business would tell you it's not selective enough in how it helps to be a proper medication, as the point of pharmaceuticals is to target specific things. But its abundant and it's cheap and it's easy to get so it can be a medicine in my opinion and most use it as such. Some will abuse it till they find there way in which it helps the most.

But when we go over our thc tolerance it can make an extreme hyperactivity of the wrong chemicals sometimes and cause dysphoria and paranoia.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  8. azazello

azazello Member

It is bad I think when kids have access to alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. It is not good at all and it demonstrates that the society has really bad problems. On the other hand I have tried all this things before I was 18 hah it is a special charm when you try all these before you can do it legalized. Anyway if there is a easy access to such things for sure the new generation will be degraded. Guys I have recently found weed dispensary Vancouver , the prices are very good.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  9. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Member

This is the first time I've seen such a side effect.
  10. Pluto888

Pluto888 Member

Indeed, maybe what you smoked was of poor quality? A lot of people don't even realize that you cannot just smoke anything you find. A lot of dealers are looking to find a way to scam you by mixing weed with other stuff. In order to stop that from happening you need to buy it from trustful sources like justcannabis.shop. I get all of my weed there, and I have recently started taking edibles too. It's really a great feeling when you take a 50 mg edible, at least it's like that for me. Anyway, you must know when to stop, I am glad that I can stop myself before it's too late. There are people taking 1000 mg edibles, and that's no good.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  11. GraceWalsh

GraceWalsh Member

If you have so many diseases, you should not smoke weed.
  12. IanPullman

IanPullman Member

I read your story, it's certainly a horror. I didn't know that ordinary weed can have such an effect on a person's brain. If you have constant paranoia or your heart beats faster from weed, then it's best not to smoke it. You're just killing yourself with it. I once also smoked weed, but only for medical purposes, I tried to free myself from depression and anxious thoughts in this way. It's good that I bought weed in an online dispensary BC, and I knew that I would not be deceived and the weed would be strong. Therefore, if you feel so bad from when you smoke, then it's best to quit this business, otherwise, everything will end in disaster. Especially, you scared me when you started talking about the knife...
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021