An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Water Therapy

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Vinaya, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Have you ever tried water therapy? Water therapy is alternative healing method that heals by detoxifying your body and reducing stress level. In order to follow this system, you will have to drink 640 ml water (three glasses of water) in the morning before you eat anything. You also have to avoid eating for 45 minutes after you drink water.
    Rainman likes this.
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Never heard of water therapy but it most certainly is something I'll try and find out for myself whether it's helpful or not. Drinking half a liter of water in the morning isn't that hard after all. And as I don't have breakfast 'til eleven or thereabouts eating nothing for 45 minutes after drinking the water won't be that hard either.

Thanks for sharing.
  3. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Well, I haven't tried it. But I always make sure that I drink enough water to keep myself hydrated. And whenever I have headaches because of extreme heat, instead of popping a pill in my mouth right away, I drink water first. The pain usually subsides after I've drank enough water.
  4. Emmarie Paez

Emmarie Paez Member

I had an urinary infection 2 months ago, and the doctor told me that having water therapy will help much to eradicated bacteria in my urine. From that day, I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses a day. Water therapy also help a person not just to get rid of body toxins but also it helps people to lose weight and reduce risk of cancer.
  5. SashaS

SashaS Community Champion

I have never heard of water therapy before but the premise of doing something as simple as drinking water to benefit your health seems really great. Its nice to see the wide range of ways nature can help as cope through our struggles and become healthy, happy and active people again.

After doing some research it seems that Japanese water therapy can help combat diseases such as acne, vomiting, kidney, diseases, constipation, diarrhea and obesity which is great for a wide range of people. The trick is to not over do it as that can negatively affect you. Don't get addicted to your addiction rehabilitation!
  6. djdrug

djdrug Community Champion

Yeah I heard of water therapy. It used to be a big thing back when Homeopathy was taking off. Its still a good thing although I doubt anyone would use it now. There are numerous benefits to drinking water as you know. Although, it doesn't exactly have any effect on deaddiction. But, it does help detoxify, if you combine large quantities of water with other natural ingredients.
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I've never heard of this strategy before myself - but I do think hydration is super important to our overall well being. You only have to look at just how much (in percentage terms) our bodies are made up of water - it's kind of crazy when you think about it!
  8. Nancy D.

Nancy D. Senior Contributor

I appreciate this post very much. I started my water therapy today and I already feel pretty good starting the day. It is an awesome thing to do for our bodies, and minds. I will share this with as many people as I can.
  9. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

I don't know how water therapy would help with addiction, except to perhaps pull a little more of the toxic build up out of the body each morning than would otherwise be flushed in a 24 hour period. I do drink water in the morning, however I rarely wait 45 minutes to eat. Perhaps I should reconsider my morning routine. I also do oil pulling first thing, before drinking water, so I'm not sure it would really work the same after that.
  10. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

I am getting my fluid requirement for my body by drinking water everyday. First thing in the morning as I wake up I always drink 1 to 2 glasses of water to cleanse and to activate my system for the day. Then I do not drink water together with my meals. It is either I drink 1 glass of water 30 minutes before eating or 30 minutes after eating. I am doing this method of drinking water for years already and it really do wonders for my health. That is why I always do believe in the therapeutic properties of water and its great benefits to health.
  11. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I have heard about water therapy a lot but I haven't tried it yet since I guess I don't have the need for it, or so I think, lol. It is said to cleanse the bowel and is good for weight loss, so maybe I will try it someday.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Water therapy does a lot of healing to the body and I'm sure it could work for addiction as well. But I'm sure it is going to be a tough exercise especially for those recovering.