An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Weed and sex

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amin021023, Oct 23, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

I haven't had sex ever, let alone while high but I've heard many interesting things about it, a friend of mine says once you had sex while stoned you can't have sex while being sober ever again because sex when you're high is very pleasurable...is that true?
  2. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that! Yes, it can often enhance things but if you can't enjoy it when you're not stoned then you're probably doing it with the wrong person!
    Damien Lee likes this.
  3. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

Marijuana tended to make me lazy, so I really didn't partake in many strenuous physical activities while high. Most of the activities I participated in while high were stationary until some of the effects of the drug wore off. Although, drugs affect everyone differently so one person's experience may not be another's.
  4. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Everyone has their own opinion about marijuana and sex but it all boils down to the individual. I doubt whether there has been any scientific sturdy to back up that claim but i highly doubt it. But personally i prefer getting intimate when sober.
  5. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I don't think that's true at all. It may heighten your since of pleasure, but you might not remember much. Weed gives you temporary memory loss. If you're sober when you have sex you'll remember the experience better and that will stay in your mind. Of course everyone is different so it all depends. But I don't think you can never have sex again without weed.
  6. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I have done it sober and high and I prefer sober. I don't really remember it being amazing while high. I actually forgot what had happened while I was high. It is like there are blank memory spots in my brain as to what happened on some of those nights because I was high and drinking. I say do it sober so you don't forget that incredible experience.
  7. Psyduck

Psyduck Active Contributor

I think it differs from people to people. Some people like to have sex while they're stoned, some people don't. But what you say might be true, since you won't be able to feel that same pleasure when you're not stoned. So, if you find sex pleasurable normally, I'd say don't have sex when you're stoned. At least that's what I follow.
  8. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Myths. Weed might be an aphrodisiac but I doubt that it makes things any better. You ought to take a look at this article:

https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/cannabis-and-sex-an-off-and-on-relationship
    There are some theorists who believe marijuana is sex-inhibiting. IMHO, there really is no right answer to this question. The results will vary from person to person.
    L_B and missbishi like this.
  9. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Interessting article @Rainman. It's highly unlikely to be helpful in the long term if used heavily via inhalation (joints, bongs, pipes etc.) either. The cardiovascular effects smoking has can, in turn, affect erections too so that's something to think about.
  10. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

interesting what you pointed out. but the thing is if you don't enjoy your partner while sober you won't stand her while stoned....you know, weed enhances things and heightens emotions
  11. KennedyBaby19

KennedyBaby19 Active Contributor

It probably depends on the person. I have a few friends who love smoking and having sex, they say the high is amazing. Personally, I enjoy it. Its like every sense is heightened and your body just feels amazing.
  12. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I suppose it depends on the individual. I have heard it both ways also. My spouse never wanted to have sex when he was high but that may just have been him. Myself I prefer to be high on love and be that much into the other person that it doesn't need drugs to be enjoyable. If you are having sex with the right person it will be amazing without drugs. That is just my opinion.
  13. henry

henry Community Champion

Well, it didn't work that way for me. Every time I had sex while being high, I couldn't get my thing working, it just wanted to be left alone. I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, and I felt I really had no energy for performing such a demanding task. I'm pretty sure some people do find it stimulating, but it didn't work that way for me.
  14. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Sex is enjoyable without taking any drugs. Perhaps, certain substances can heighten the experience and people have always experimented with this. There's no reason why anyone shouldn't have a highly enjoyable and active sex life without the use of substances. Also, remember it takes a lot of time and effort for someone to become a decent lover. Like most things in life, most folks don't want to put in any effort.
  15. Starlight

Starlight Member

Hey, I've never had sex too! Or been made love to. I'm going to assume you're a girl? :oops:

I don't know about having sex while stoned, though. I'm all about "connecting" and "making love" rather than pleasure. I think a lot of guys (and some girls) fantasize about it, though.

Also, is it really worth it? To have sex under the influence of weed? What happens if you break up with your current partner, you had sex with under the influence of weed and get with someone else? What is that person doesn't approve? Won't it destroy your relationship? :(
  16. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

Honestly, I don't enjoy having sex while high on marijuana. All I want to do is sleep and/or I will react differently and be very paranoid. I've never enjoyed sex while smoking marijuana. It doesn't feel as nice as it does with other drugs.
  17. BrandonA

BrandonA Active Contributor

If you need substances to enjoy the basic pleasures of life, you're not doing life right.
  18. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

I also think that it's dependent on the individual. There may be some people that find that it enhances sex, while others cannot handle it at all. I personally don't see any problem with it as long as it's done in moderation, and both partners communicate well.
  19. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Well if you are all doped up you may be getting more pleasure, but you probably can't focus properly to ensure your not being a selfish lover.
  20. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I agree that if you cannot find pleasure in sex without being stoned then you are doing it for the wrong reason. Sometimes under the right circumstances, getting high did make me feel a little more in the mood for sex but for the most part I was too lazy to even get off of the couch let alone do anything that physical. I think it depends on the person but it definitely doesn't make sex so much better that you cannot enjoy it not stoned.