An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Weening off vyvanse

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by savedbythesmell89, Dec 14, 2014.

1. I have been taking 60mg vyvanse for around 5 years now and have decided that I would like to lower the dose and eventually quit the medication. I can't quit cold turkey because of my job responsibility. If anyone has anything they would like to share about their experience weening off of vyvanse, I would love to hear about it
  2. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

This is for ADHD. It is a controlled substance, a nervous system stimulant. Well this is odd. Why would they want to stimulate the nervous system in ADHD. This is difficulty with attention span, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. It makes no sense to stimulate the nervous system. I bet this stuff is a nightmare.
    You just want to eat clean healthy foods. No processed foods. Get off the gluten. ADHD is caused by the chemicals in processed foods. You just need to detox it out that vyvanse. Weening off; just keep lowering the dosage. You can take niacin it will help push it out of your body. Military personnel use niacin if their a pot smoker; it will get it out of their system before their drug test so they pass.