An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What?! Anti-addiction vaccines?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by EditorsRHumansToo!, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

That is actually really neat. Thank you for sharing! I love Dr. Suzzane Humphries.
  2. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Agreed. There seems to be a few cures that end up just giving the person a substitution for their addiction but I'm sure sometime in the future even these failed substitutes can contribute something to a better solution since it would have the benefit of decades worth of research and findings.
  3. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Like what @amethyst said, "it's pretty scary"... Yes, it's really disconcerting! Unsettling medical practice.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. EditorsRHumansToo!

Reading the original news and "internalizing" about the research and every reference to it, which, I've understood correctly and then, posted for discussion was worth the wait.
  5. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Not only the fact that it can be a substitution drug, but also the fact that unknown side effects can start appearing decades from now, who knows! All these new diseases these days have to have some cause.
  6. Smarty

Smarty Active Contributor

This is the first time I see such a thing. Sounds like a good idea but it has to be perfected over time. From what I read, it's still on experimental level so until it's proven effective and without major side effects, I can't say I stand behind it. I wonder what kind of vaccine would that be, though. It's not a virus or something like that. Also, it has a strong psychological side. What, like a vaccine against depression? That's confusing.
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  7. keekz38

keekz38 Member

You're completely right, a lot of people don't realize that there are so many ways in which "they" are trying to lessen the population. This could very well be one of those ways. Who knows what long-term effects it can have on the human body; possibly even worse ones than the cocaine itself. I'm not sure if I would trust it.
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  8. EditorsRHumansToo!

I wonder how do we get these "Warnings and Guideposts" out?! If only people who are contemplating on drug-use, just experimenting, or choosing to listen to drug pushers and doctor's drug prescriptions-- they must educate themselves first; research and learn about the the harm and danger and suicidal tendencies drugs could do to them.

I believe that these loved people need love, acceptance and understanding of those around them. They don't often get what they deeply need and resort to drugs. Sigh... :(
    sunflogun likes this.
  9. sunflogun

So true, we should not fight drugs with drugs, that is hardly the right way to follow. Like you say Editors, we need to give them love and understanding, what they need is someone who really cares and gives them some time, not a vaccine.
  10. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Very true. The problem is that people struggling with addiction sometimes are desperate to rid themselves of the habit so they will be more likely to jump on easy fix methods such as this one but on the other hand, it could be entirely possible it doesn't have major side effects so we'll just have to wait and see.
  11. sunflogun

I do know of cases that certain medicines are taken to prevent someone from using drugs, that can even cause them death, but I feel that these vaccines is something different and that messes with the body too much.
  12. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

The problem solution method. I am not surprised. Certain levels of government, military, or CiZA should I say use cocaine and marijuana to manipulate people. Along with 600 other drugs they can get. Make the problem to offer the solution. A vaccination to stop cocaine from going to the brain. How nice of them. Give me a break this is just ridiculous. I wonder what lovely poisons are in those vaccinations. Mercury, thermasol, or propylene glycol which is anti-freeze. Hmmm yeah that would be better than being high lets get a shot of poison to keep you from running amuck with your addiction.
  13. sunflogun

We are dealing with a problem with no solution as far as I see it, at least in general terms, because drug consumption is just the effects of a totally unbalanced society and we should be working on that too.
  14. rightct

rightct Community Champion

The article might be a year old, sure, but that isn't as important as the fact it could be a simple rumor. I personally haven't found anything that could be linked to these miraculous "anti-addiction" vaccines upon searching on Google, so I strongly reckon it's just some rumor.
    sunflogun likes this.
  15. sunflogun

Yep, many times people just write down random stuff to have view to their site, but when we dig deep we don't find anything true about them, so this just might be the case.
  16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

As far as I know there is not yet an anti-addiction vaccine, but just research on addiction and how to stop it, whether using such a vaccine or by other medical or psychological treatments.

The really bottom end is that people have to serve as guinea pigs with the hope to get some day medical solutions for just everything.

And this is the point where I question if they are really after finding clinical solutions or simply providing pharmaceuticals with more products to keep bombarding us with them.

It's incredible to see mankind was able to survive without all of those medicines for sale today to cure, enhance or resolve whatever health issue or condition!
  17. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Interesting.
    I don't know how I feel about this yet but it does actually seem like a good idea.
    I know in Russia they have a drug that makes you violently ill if you drink alcohol, and they have been using it to counter their high rates of alcoholism.
    Going to have to do a little more research on this one.
  18. 6up

6up Community Champion

It might sound good for experiments. Most of these vaccines are spoiling our bodies. It will take time to rule out whether the vaccines may be of any importance. But now the problem is, are we forgetting the basics, control to accessibility and the word of mouth? Rehabs have not yet experimented with that, yet they do yield positive results. Through the church, many have changed their habits, and it has been witnessed. We only need to realise our social values in our societies so that we may avoid drugs.
  19. sunflogun

We have reached a point where we talk about vaccines for drug usage instead of trying to fight drug consumption, I feel I am in a crazy world.
  20. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

I'm sure some think this is being done out of purely good intentions, although I have a hard time believing that.

I'm a pretty cynical person, but yet, I still like the premise. Anything that truly helps would get chalked up in the "good" column, in my opinion. There's a lot more information needed to form a solid opinion at this point though, if you ask me. I'm not a worshipper of vaccinations to begin with.