An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What are your withdrawal symptoms like?

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Dominica, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

If you've gone through withdrawal, what were your symptoms like?

What drug were you detoxing from? How long did it take? Did you do anything to help decrease symptoms?
    Lostboy8731 likes this.
  2. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Great question. Myself i would have to say there wasnt just one symptom that was bad. Cause honestly they all sucked. That being said the worst was the constant random violent twitches or shivers. Sometimes theyd be so frequent and intense that it would constantly wake me up. Leading to the next symptom acute insomnia.
    Others included drug induced phsycosis, paranoid thinking,
    Severe body aches and ever changing body temp resulting in cold sweats at times and intense head aches and lastly depression.

Drug abused was crystal meth
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  3. Lostboy8731

Thought I'd update as I'm going through severe withdrawals due to my recent relapse. The pain in my body I can't even begin to describe. I hurt everywhere and feel like everything is being squashed and squeezed. My eyes are burning so badly from being up so long and my head feels like there's something pushing from every little inch from the inside out. Lastly not that it's bad yet but I know it's from being awake for so long is the hearing....rather thinking I'm hearing things that aren't there. I have to say I don't remember my last withdrawal when I first got sober but I don't think it was this tormenting to be honest.

Figured I'd update as right now this forum is the only thing helping me keep my sanity intact and keep from falling again
    True concern likes this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Sending you healing energy, @Lostboy8731. I've never been through the kind of withdrawal you're going through, so I can only imagine how horrible it is. And it's probably even worse than that. I admire your strength and courage so much. Please know that we are rooting for you. And we care about you. You can do this. I know you can!!! One day, one hour, one minute at a time, my brother.
    True concern and Lostboy8731 like this.
  5. Lostboy8731

Thanks @deanokat I'm doing much better today. Up and showered and cleaned a little and now eating a healthy lunch. Still kinda fuzzy headed and noticing some motor function issues slightly but not so sick feeling today. Thinking that the worst part being sick that is has passed
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

This made my day, @Lostboy8731. :)
    True concern and Lostboy8731 like this.
  7. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

8. True concern

True concern Community Champion

My Friend we will do our best to keep you from falling but in case you indeed do fall we will all be reaching out to help you back up.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS.You Got This It Doesn't Got You.Focus Your Mind,Heart,And Soul you will find peace,strength,and happiness there
  9. deanokat

Hey, @Lostboy8731... Stop by and check in with us when you get a chance. We're here and we care.
    True concern likes this.
  10. Lostboy8731

Hey sorry I haven't been online. I'm going good still. Haven't slipped and staying sober. Been going to my NA meetings and even hot to speak at a few assemblies
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  11. deanokat

That's awesome, @Lostboy8731! Thanks for stopping by to let us know! Keep doing the next right thing!!! :)
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  12. True concern

@Lostboy8731 great to hear from you and I'm incredibly proud of you my friend
    Dominica likes this.
  13. Dominica

Good morning! Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and still sober! Also for continuing to go to your NA meetings consistently and speaking. All of this is something you should be proud of! Keep on this right track!
    deanokat likes this.
  14. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

i have a question for you @Lostboy8731 on something i'm going through with different detox than your drug but are you even though you are clean (i assume) going through PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms such as problems regulating your body temperature? I get hot flashes and then cold almost hourly and mostly through the night and in the morning. I have detoxed from cocaine and heavy oxy use in june and weened off all other pills like soma since oct. 9. on nothing now. But was going through terrible sweat dripping in detox...now its like an envelope of heat but no dripping sweat. Just miserably uncomfortable. One doc thought it was from the cut Levarmasol in the cocaine that they use before it even comes into the US.
    who knows....
    just curious since you're the first read on sweats. It caught my eye.
    How are you doing?
    Are you doing 90/90 in NA. Glad you are going. I go.
  15. True concern

@Liola give yourself about 2more month's and your PAWS will be gone...it took me 6 month's when I kicked meth and 240mgs of oxycontin a day so your close stay focused it will go away I promise STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  16. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

thanks.
    did you get these hot waves though...like enveloping you? they last like 15 minutes and always between 2 and 3 in the morning and then around 6 am...and through the day a bit.
    True concern likes this.
  17. True concern

Yes but you will start to notice here soon the pattern may change a little bit but you are close,like I said 6 month's possibly 7 and then it's on you to maintain your work in the program to hold onto what you are fighting so hard for,but you are not ALONE, we are here for you
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  18. Dominica

@Liola Good morning! We will certainly be here to help you any way we can! I hope you have a blessed Friday!
  19. deanokat

@True concern... Thanks for sharing your insight with @Liola. :)

@Liola... Happy Friday!! I'm sending lots of healing energy your way!
    True concern likes this.