An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What Do You Want To Say On Mother's day?

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, May 12, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

First Happy Mother's Day to All Mom's and thank you for dealing with us.To my mom i want to tell her i love her and i have released any and all blame i had toward her for my addiction,now sober i understand she did the best she could and for that i am grateful,i want her to know my life and the sh×t i put her and my family through will not be my defining legacy(so to speak)but i will turn that pain and agony into joy and happiness for not just us but everyone i can as my struggle may help other's from one day going through the same,and for this i feel blessed not proud of how i lived as i am now starting to see and feel my story, can heal.As i push on the story i shared is being repaired,the harder i try and the more i cry, the more i see the goodness in me.I love you mom I'm sober at last, what a crazy past.Take Care and God Bless you All
    Dominica likes this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

What a terrific post, @True concern. It made me a little teary-eyed. My mom is a special lady, someone who has always showed me how to live life the right way and how to help and care for others. I'm lucky to still have her around. She'll be 87 on Thursday and still has the energy of someone half her age. I have been blessed beyond belief.
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

deanokat likes this.