An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What does it feel like?

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Rosyrain, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

For those with alcohol addictions, what do the withdrawal symptoms feel like? I have heard that some people shake and have physical symptoms. I imagine it is not like "I could sure go for a drink right now."
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Bad.

Irritability is probably not the worst bit of it all. The feeling that you can't do anything unless you take something is the worst. For some people they may start having seizures if they've been consuming alcohol for a long time. It's why it's always advisable to seek treatment because the experts will know what should be done to avoid complications of any kind.
  3. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

Very bad. Not having an appetite, headache and irritability come very often. The feeling you have when addicted is that you cannot continue without getting a quick fix (be it alcohol, cocaine, etc).
  4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

That is scary. I have never been addicted to anything but cigarettes and that has been bad enough to get through. I enjoy a nice glass of wine or a couple of drinks now and then, but I have never been in a position where I couldn't go without. It is more just to relax and unwind on the weekends. I have seen people who could not function without their drinks each day and I wondered what it was like. Keep up the good fight everyone, sounds like you are doing good.