An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What helps you stay sober?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Dominica, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

The recovery path varies from person to person. While one person may be a regular 12 step meeting kind of recovery person, another may attend church, read books, or attend counseling to help them refrain from drinking or drugging....

What does your recovery path look like? What helps you stay sober?
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

You have been a big help since I've joined as have other's i often tag probably annoying many but i do it at times when i feel i don't have enough to offer as i truly care.But aside from that i run alot.Im typeing this at 1 a.m. because my head is torturing me after my conversation with wife yesterday so even though i can barely walk due to upcoming knee surgery at 11:30pm i ran 3.73 miles and now im going to be stuck in bed for atleast 2 day's unless my head forces me back to the gym.Many say go see a Dr for your head and to them i say NEVER AGAIN..God bless and take care
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

My family. I grew up with an alcoholic father, and I know what kind of pain and suffering his addiction put us through. I don't ever want to inflict that kind of hurt on the people I love.
    Paigesmith041 likes this.
  5. Paigesmith041

Paigesmith041 Member

I don't want my son growing up with a mother in active addiction.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm glad you feel that way, @Paigesmith041. Use that for motivation, my friend.
    Paigesmith041 and Dominica like this.
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I agree with you,i have read another post by paigesmith041 and i have mixed feelings looking forward to reading how other's reply to her story
    Dominica likes this.