An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What is Coke Usually Mixed With?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by forehandflick, Jan 29, 2015.

1. forehandflick

forehandflick Member

I'm not going to go into too much detail because I'm afraid of relaying a close friend's privacy to the public, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what other substances are commonly abused along with Cocaine? She's had a long time addiction to Cocaine, but I'm not sure if it stops there. Outside of cigarettes and alcohol, she hasn't mentioned anything else she does on a regular basis, but I've heard that's not usually the case. Is there anything else that is commonly paired with Coke or at least experimented with by most people?
  2. jperd21

jperd21 Active Contributor

Now, this isn't a pro-drug forum, so I'm certainly not going to give any suggestions, but I can speak from experience of what to beware of if worried about your friend. Since Coke is generally an "up-and-at-'em" party drug, many users will pair this with another "upper" to help enhance the experience. This can be very dangerous due to the over stimulation of the central nervous system. It can also lead to dehydration and death.

Honestly, people pair cocaine with just about anything. Marijuana, Ecstacy, LSD. It really depends on who you're dealing with. Of course my main suggestion is to seek help and end the cocaine habit, but if your friend is going to continue using anyway, warn him/her of the implications of mixing drugs. You never know how your body will react.

If the addiction lies with your friend and not you, you may be the only person that can help.
  3. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

I was under the impression that crack was a common thing to mix it with, hence crack-cocaine? I'm not sure that pinpointing this sort of info would help you understand or help your friend better. If that is the point.
  4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

pain pills are commonly paired with cocaine - additional feel-good numbing effect. Until you come off of it. I have also seen people use adderall - but that gets scary. I had someone tell me they felt like their heart was going to explode. That is some awfully scary stuff. I hope you can get through to your friend
  5. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Crack-cocaine is just normal standard powdered cocaine which has been washed back with Sodium Bicarb or Ammonia in order to make it purer, and then is left to crystallize until it turns into a rock - it's a very expensive method and you would need a decent amount of cocaine to do so. Crack-cocaine is very different from powdered cocaine, in look, feel, taste and effect and is a lot more dangerous.

In my experience, Cocaine is an upper and it's one of the most expensive ones. If a user can't get any cocaine, then they may choose a cheaper alternative such as amphetamine, which is often called
    'poor man's coke', Ecstasy, MDMA or MCat (Mephedrone).
    Metalhead likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Crack-cocaine is the cheapest and most dangerous variation of coke, also the most popular.
  7. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Oh thank you. This is one of the things that everybody seems to know when they talk about it, but never explain, and I just went along and pretended to understand it. I'm a bit silly that way. But thanks a lot for the explanation!
  8. 23arrow23

23arrow23 Member

My girlfriend use to mix mdma with cocaine and I would always have to keep her from doing anything stupis the next day. Never seen anyone struggling that much with anxiety and straight up suicidal thoughts. She would feel horrible every time and I would have to stay around to prevent her from doing anything stupid. Cocaine on its own is already very taxing on the human body and dangerous as well. Mixing it with other substances sounds like a very stupid idea if you ask me.
  9. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

Not sure if there's any truth to it, but I've heard they cut it with baking soda. I've never touched the stuff so I really don't know. I think I actually saw this on a movie or tv show. No telling what it's mixed with I just know they have to mix it cause pure cocaine is deadly if ingested by itself.
  10. Sparkster

Sounds like a stupid idea to me too, mixing cocaine with MDMA does sound like a recipe for disaster. Obviously, it's possible to overdose by taking just one these substances alone. Combining them isn't a very clever idea. I guess they just do whatever it takes to get them on the level they want to be on.

Isn't baking soda and sodium bicarbonate the same thing? If so, then I think most powdered drugs, like cocaine, amphetamine, mephedrone, etc are probably cut with it.
  11. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Some of the substance-abusers I know use cocaine with either alcohol or marijuana if not both. Their reasoning: combining cocaine with the aforementioned substances results to an all-time high. Others use it along with prescription drugs and this method is even more deadly.
  12. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

The main two that I see are alcohol and cannabis, but cocaine is commonly mixed with a lot of drugs. I wish more people knew about the risks of mixing alcohol and cocaine. Mixing the two creates a different drug called cocaethylene, which is much more cardiotoxic than cocaine (I have heard around 4x, but I'm not going to say that for sure without finding a source).
  13. Sparkster

Wow, really?! I never knew that. People really need to be careful with what substances they mix together, considering that such chemicals react with each other. Even meth labs are using dangerously explosive chemicals in order to manufacture their meth. I have heard that making other substances like LSD bears the same risks.
  14. nbts92

nbts92 Member

Mixing cocaine and heroin can lead to heart problems because it causes your heart to work too hard.Also, heroin and cocaine cause opposing effects in your body. Because of this, you might not realize you are overdosing on one of the drugs until it is too late.In addition, snorting a combination of cocaine and heroin can lead to breathing problems, notably a condition called bronchial hyperreactivity – often an indicator of prolonged asthma.
  15. Sparkster

I think Heroin users tend to use amphetamine more than they use cocaine. The reason being that amphetamine temporarily relieves the withdrawal symptoms from Heroin. Aside from that, most Heroin users that I used to know would use crack cocaine instead of normal cocaine.
  16. henry

henry Community Champion

I used to mix it with everything I had at the moment, but I mostly mixed it with alcohol. I could drink alcohol only, but I never could do drugs without booze. If I had booze and drugs, I would usually throw everything I had into the mix, weed, valium, you name it, anything I had.
  17. Sparkster

Where I live it used to be cheaper to get hold of crack-cocaine but only because it was sold in smaller weights than normal cocaine was. However, in terms of weight, crack-cocaine was always way more expensive and still is. It used be possible to buy as little as a quarter of a gram of crack-cocaine for £20 ($40) whereas the smallest amount of normal cocaine you could buy was one gram which used to cost £50 ($100) at the time. I have no idea how much the going rate for these substances is these days.
  18. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Community Champion

Uppers & downers really seem to go hand in hand. It could be that you're noticing her behaviour when she's doing coke & drinking is a tad different than when she's only doing one? So, it may have nothing to do with what her coke is cut with or in combination with other than the alcohol she's drinking.
  19. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

This might seem a bit of a useless reply but the fact is, coke can and will be mixed with anything and everything. As long as people can make a profit by selling as little cocaine as they can but offering the same weight, then that's what they will do.

Dealers used to care about the quality of their product and their reputation but these days they don't have to worry too much as the demand outstrips the supply.
  20. Sparkster

Ain't that the truth! It's the same with all illegal substances now. Amphetamine and Mephedrone being mixed with Glucose and Sodium Bicarbonate, fake Ecstasy/MDMA being made from PMA, Heroin being mixed with Ketamine, Paracetamol and brick dust. You never know what's in there these days.