An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What is this? Crack/Heroin Pipe?

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Friend' started by Steve O, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Steve O

Steve O Member

I found this next to my couch after my girlfriend left.
    She is in recovery, but I fear this is a makeshift pipe?
    I know nothing about these things... but, so sad that I have to suspect this...
    Thanks!
    Steve

Attached Files:

2. neighborsboy

neighborsboy Member

Hello Steve,

I need to know if it is glass or plastic? It is really hard to tell from the photo. It looks more plastic like, so I would say that it is just the end of a fountain drink straw like one can get at the local convenience store. Looks like someone was just chewing on it (probably) just from habit or maybe even curving their desire for other things. I think either way you are fine. Just a little info for yourself. This plastic piece could be used to snort some kind of illegal substance, but I promise you it would not be preferable for that. If it is glass it could be used to smoke or snort illegal substances but you would need a blocker in the end. To smoke crack rock you would need a glass or metal tube with both ends open. You would need like a piece of brillo pad or steel wool to put in one end. Just a little piece and in that end is where the crack rock would go. One would hold it up(so the rock stays in) and light that end while pulling through the other like one would on a cigarette. I think your fine. I hope this help. I will post a link below to a couple of different pictures so you have an idea. "Be Easy!" Neighborsboy

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4004/4519728244_4884ec08d5.jpg
    http://www.boingboing.net/filesroot/201005051208.jpg
  3. Steve O

Steve O Member

OMG, thank you for the quick reply.

What I don't think is evident from the pic is there is a cotton filter shoved up into the straw... which was a bit brown.

I think the teeth marks actually came from the dog, which is another concern all together.
  4. neighborsboy

neighborsboy Member

Your welcome. I think it would possible to soak the cotton in some form of drug and then chew on it slowly just to constantly get a little dose, but highly unlikely. I am not an expert but what I would do is ask her. Might be a simple explanation. There is really nothing more I can tell you. I can honestly say that I have never seen that kind of set up for any drug use. Sorry, I wish I could be more help. "Be Easy!" Neighborsboy
  5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I've never seen a make shift pipe like that before. That's plastic so it makes me wonder what she was smoking with that. Plastic would burn and melt so that wouldn't be a good to smoke out of. Did it have any smell at all?
  6. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

I have never seen anything like that and I have surely seen some creative "vices and devices" in my life!
    If you say your dog may have chewed it some did he have any unusual behavior? Was there an odor to it?
    Is there any chance it is just simply trash that your dog found and chewed up and it just happened to land beside where she was sitting?
    I really hope there is a simple explaination to it and it isn't anything to be alarmed about.
  7. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

It doesn't look like a pipe. Unless there is some other indicators you have noticed pointing to a relapse, I don't think you have anything t worry about.