An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What kind of alcohol got you drunk the fastest?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Nick Anthony, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Nick Anthony

Nick Anthony Active Contributor

What I mean is what alcohol got you drunk the the fastest, for example taking 3 shots of Tequila, or maybe 5 shots of Vodka? What used to get you guys drunk the fastest?
  2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Any hard liquor drank in mass quantities with very little break time in between, will pretty much do it for me. I become the incredible hulk and will do the most stupid off the wall things you can possibly imagine. That is the total opposite of the person I really am, and I hate it when it happens.
  3. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

I remember drinking a few glasses of a combination of gin, vodka and brandy. It didn't go down as smoothly and I don't recommend it. It was a stupid attempt to drink all the alcohol as fast as we can because me and my friends didn't want to waste the leftovers from the last nights party.
  4. cheeto

cheeto Member

Any kind of whiskey always got me drunk. I never went for getting drunk quickly, I just wanted a lot of booze to last me a long time so I typically stuck to beer. But I found that vodka was a way for me to lose myself quickly before I even knew what I was doing.
  5. Bluesman

Bluesman Member

In my country there is a big tradition of drinking vodka. It's commonly a party drink. Cheap and hard-hitting, numbing. And that's the whole reason of drinking it. Nobody tastes it, everybody drinks it only to get drunk. And yeah, that's what gets me the most.
  6. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Wine got me drunk the most. Only 1 liter was necessary to make me forget everything of my surroundings, laugh at everything and everyone.
    Whiskey and Vodka didn't really impress me beyond the taste ( oh, the taste was absolutely fantastic ), but I just didn't feel what I was supposed to, which disappointed me. Now I don't drink anymore, as I need to sustain my family with money, but now I look in the past with a lot of nostalgia, and I just hope I will have the occassion in the future to re-experiment my childish habits, at least once, haha.
  7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Probably rum or brandy. I'd get drunk from drinking about 5 shots of these alcoholic drinks.
  8. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I have noticed, vodka three of them are enough to cause me to get drunk and feel sleepy and tired and I don't usually drink it a lot as this can happen. It can affect different people and also, can make some people do things they won't while sober and calm and can be a real sore hangover after the alcohol wears off. I try to drink sometimes but not the vodka as that can get me drunk quciker than beer and keep an eye on how much I drink as well.
  9. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Vodka used to get me drunk the fastest. I hated it but it fulfilled my needs. I was just burning my throat in order to get my daily dose of alcohol.

Either way, I used to drink whiskey or wine, which are my favorite drinks.
  10. Thestoryteller1

Thestoryteller1 Active Contributor

Yeah, it's like this too, especially that in university we had parties with free vodka (in certain quantity, you could probably get 2-3 glasses in one party for free) and because it was free it was the lowest quality. However at some point I was so used to it, that those 2-3 glass got me just tiny bit buzzed. Not sure how it would be now, haven't drank much vodka for a while (of any quality).

For me one alcohol needs bigger amount to really get me badly drunk, though if it had to be anything, it would be tequila or rakia I guess.
    Usually what gets me is mixing 2-3 different drinks, that's when it gets bad. I usually don't do that anymore these days. University days are far gone:).
  11. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 Senior Contributor

Whiskey! I used to drink whiskey every single day and it got me so drunk I would pass out, I once drank a whole bottle of gin and totally missed work the next day, I worked in a party shop and it was new years eve so the bosses were not best pleased!
  12. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I never really experimented much with alcohol but I remember one of the things that got me drunk really fast was tequila. I did enjoy it a lot but mostly just at the start because by the time I got drunk the experience wasn't too pleasant anymore.
  13. 6up

6up Community Champion

It depends on whether you have eaten any food. Most addicts do not eat enough food which has made them very weak. By first taking alcohol, others are completely unable to eat. You will unlikely get drank by taking a bottle of beer after eating well.
  14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Tequila got me drunk faster than vodka most of the time, but it depended on the company that made it.
    Jack Daniels also got me drunk really fast after some shots so I put that on the list too.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I've always been more of a lager drinker when i'm out and at times, when i've been out all day to a football game or some other sporting event with frinds, we can go through quite a few pints between us! I like to have a couple of Jack Daniels at the end of the night just to finnish off but that's as far as I go usually and even then it's only a couple of times a year.

I remember when I was younger though and I went to a party and they had no lager so I was drinking vodka and other types of shots and I was home and in bed by 8PM! I tend to stay away from any kind of spirits now, I like the feeling I get off lager, it's more of a slow process of getting drunk, while for me spirits just wipe me out and I dont see any fun in that.
  16. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

Omg tequila gets me every time, it's so bad that I don't even touch the stuff. One good sniff and I immediately feel tipsy. I don't even try to hang.
  17. Mara

Mara Community Champion

For me, it would be whiskey. I don’t really like it that much. And it’s really weird because I’m okay with other drinks like Tequila, Brandy, and Vodka.
  18. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

Any hard liquor consumption on a empty stomach gets me drunk fast. It has been know that drink on a empty stomach will increase the intoxication of alcohol on your body. So eat well before heading out.
  19. henry

henry Community Champion

I'm not a beer guy, I like the hard stuff. I usually don't mix my rum, whiskey or gin with anything else but ice. I don't like any drinks that has sugar in it, or mixing my drink with anything sweet. Whiskey usually got me drunk the fastest. I hate beer. It makes you piss too much, burp too much and makes you sleepy really fast. And if you talk to someone while drinking beer and smoking, your breath smells like what comes out of a truck's muffler.
  20. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

I'm between vodka and whiskey. I think vodka had the strongest effect on me for a reason, and that is why I haven't had any vodka for months now.