An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What was the worse thing you did while drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by primalclaws1974, Jan 9, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Senior Contributor

I have been in numerous fights with people while drunk. Most were not fist fights, but I have gotten mad and hit walls or thrown things. Most of the damage I have done to my own property, which is really stupid, but at least it's my own. I have posted a lot of dumb things on Facebook, especially emotional tripe, and there for a time it was ritual for me to wake up the next morning, and go directly to the computer to check on how stupid I got. What have you done? Was it worse than me? Do you stay in control or are you completely out of control?
  2. serpes

serpes Member

I got out of control one time and got into a real bad fight with three other guys. You can guess in didn’t end up well. I needed a week of intense care. And on top of that, I ended up giving each one 1000 dollars not to press charges against me because I started it by hitting one of them with a billiard stick. So, that was a well learned lesson for me.
  3. Se7en

Se7en Active Contributor

Climbed on a parked van, security came and tried to detain me, as soon as I got away police came, I ran and managed to get away :D
    PS: there has been no damage done to the van.
  4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I am sure I did things when I was younger that were stupid, but I am glad that was before social media was around. I have grown up now and can control my alcohol consumption and my behavior better. I have been known to pick arguments and debates with people though. It really just depends on the person's personality to begin with.
  5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I've done a few things I am not proud of, but the worst thing I did was black out and have sex with somebody I didn't want to. I don't even know if it I was conscious or if it was consensual. I was only 17 and he was in his 30's. After that incident I quit drinking for years and have not been that drunk since.
  6. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

I'd like to tell you, but I don't really know. I always blacked out. I know some of the things that people told me happened, though. One of them involved 10mg of Xanax, 2 pitchers of beer, and a rosary in the middle of a sports bar. I'm going to leave it at that.
  7. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

I have so many scenarios and I do not know where to start. I always would get loud or fight with people, whether arguing or physically. This one night I did not recall that I and my friend,s were kicked out of a party because of me. I was told that I was drinking lots of alcohol and did some crazy things. I was also was told that I stood over someone's bed and just peed as if I was at the toilet. I also took my hammer out of my pocket and made threats to people. Then after me and my friends were kicked out of the party, I got into an argument with my friends and I left their house walking. I ended up at the liquor store and got into a physical fight with a man. I had to call my mom and her friend to come and get me. Then once I got home my anger didn't stop there. I begin to break things and shout. That night was really crazy. I am glad that I do not let alcohol control me like that anymore.
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Well, honestly, I've never done anything crazy yet while I was drunk. I'm a good and well-behaved girl. :D
  9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I've been in to a few fights. It was alcohol that was the main culprit. After several fight I did land in jail and eventual court ordered substance abuse classes and anger management. Not fun at all.
  10. Jericho Mercado

Jericho Mercado Active Contributor

For me fighting. A few times in the past. The worst was in Thailand. Me and my boys dished out a good 'ol beating. After being arrested and put in jail in separate cells, I was beating by several officers. Luckily for me I did not suffer any broken bones and my girl had her dad bail me out.

Th0se times are over and I don't get to that level anymore.
  11. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Are you from Thailand or somewhere around that area? That really sucks. Does her dad hate you for what you did or is he cool with the situation now?
  12. Merricat

Merricat Member

I’m sorry that this happened to you, and I’m really glad that you’ve quit drinking for years. It couldn’t have been consensual since you were only 17 and the fact that you were unable to consent due to the amount you had to drink.

Sometimes when I was drinking I would become extremely self destructive, doing things like purposefully hurting myself or taking prescription drugs like xanax when drinking as a form of self harm. Probably the worst time was when I punched a mirror (ugh, I still have 4 more years of bad luck…) and then used the broken shards to cut my arms and legs. I still feel guilty about my fiancé finding me in the bathroom passed out and bleeding, then having to take me to the hospital for stitches.
  13. kjonesm1

Alcohol sure does make people act irrationally. Thank God for good support systems and forgiveness. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't learned that hard lesson. I'm glad you are over it too.
  14. Merricat

Merricat Member

It's what happens when you hold in and try to hide years of pain and self loathing. Alcohol just made me lose my inhibitions when it came to hurting myself physically. It didn't make me do it in the first place. I wouldn't say I'm completely over it now but I'm trying to get there.
  15. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

I crashed my motorcycle and almost died. I was drinking and I fell asleep while driving. That was my breaking point and I decide to get cleaned up before I kill myself. I had broken a rib and that was really painful. Breathing hurt so much.
  16. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

I've had numerous instances where I drunk posted complete nonsense on Facebook while hammered, and would wake up the next day only to notice my friend count had dropped by several. To make matters worse, sometimes I even did this in the daytime because I wasn't working at the time and was hammered by noon. I've pretty much stopped posting on facebook at all for the last several months because of this.

Another really bad instance, was when I got into a big argument with my parents and dug up a really old instance when my dad got into a bad fight with my mom and pulled a knife on her, and threw it back in his face. It was so out of the blue for me to even bring that up, but for some reason, because I was hammered, and they were nagging and criticizing me at the moment, I brought that up and kept yelling at him about it. Needless to say, it was really awkward talking to them the following days.
  17. kjonesm1

I am happy to hear that you are okay now. I drank and drove for years before I had an experience scare me straight. Myself and a few girlfriends had gone out dancing and drinking and one of them got pulled over and arrested. Because it was a Friday she spent the whole weekend locked up. I had been so drunk myself, that I didn't remember the drive I made home. It could have been me in jail... I never drink and drive EVER anymore.
  18. Jane

Jane Active Contributor

There are a few stories I could tell, but I'll stick with one for now:

I hadn't slept for 24+ hours and then drank way too much. Before passing out, I apparently started hallucinating. I say "apparently," because I blacked out for large portions of it and don't remember everything myself. What I do "remember," I am told didn't actually happen.

An example of something I don't remember but was told about after is while I was hallucinating/dreaming, I freaked out entirely. My boyfriend at the time tried to pick me up and take me to the couch because he was afraid I was going to hurt myself. Instead, though, I hurt him. While he was carrying me, I leaned into his arm and bit him. Hard. And wouldn't let go, I'm told. This is someone who doesn't bruise ever, but lo and behold, I left a mark. :( I don't remember this at all and can only assume that I thought I was being attacked at the time and was trying to free myself because I'm certainly not a violent person and would never intentionally hurt him. :( :(

The worst part is that we were at friends' house and it was not only embarrassing for me, but the embarrassment that I caused my boyfriend at the time was even worse. He was so worried about me (considered taking me to the hospital), but after I recovered, he was ashamed of me, too. I had embarrassed him in front of people I shouldn't have and had to try to pick up the pieces, apologize, etc....but there's only so much that can be done. It caused permanent damage unfortunately. A loss of trust....major concern.... created fear.... Sigh. Just typing this has me all tied up in knots again because there were so many things that happened that I can't undo. :(
  19. takeajk

takeajk Member

The worst thing I did while drunk was probably call my mother, puke on my friends shoes while still on the phone, then end up being taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. My alcohol level was 143, which is twice over the legal limit. Let's just say I was grounded for eternity.
  20. diprod

diprod Active Contributor

I completely blacked out and my fiance said I told him a lot of hurtful things that night that I was drunk. Good thing he was there or he said I could've went out of the apartment naked. OMG. Not drinking again!