An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What was your first drug?

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by remnant, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Jose

Jose Active Contributor

My first drug was cigarettes, back then I felt like it was crack or something, like I was doing something really bad. Then I tried alcohol but didn't any problems with it until recent years, started smoking marijuana around that same time and then got into sleeping pills. All my friends were doing cocaine but I never felt like it was for me, sounds too good to be able to let it go, so I decided never that one. Here in my country there is not such thing as meth or heroin, we have crack but regular people doesn't do it, the ones that do it, end up homeless really fast as this extremely addicting drug isn't cheap here.
  2. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

mine was El Hachiche, we were in a vacation me and my friends, I wasn't a smoker even, they bought some hachich and we smoked it all the night, that was my first and I'm still kind of addicted till now :(
  3. AALiz

AALiz Member

The first drug i ever tried would probably be nicotine or cigarettes. I regret it so much, after that day iv been hooked on it and couldn't let it go, iv been smoking for 5 years and recently i just stopped. I'm 2 days completely sober right now and it honestly feels good. Iv done many other drugs through out time but i just tried, never got addicted to it or hooked on it.
  4. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

Peer pressure plays a huge role and we need proper guidance and role models. That lacks a lot and I am starting to worry for my kids to see how peer pressure acts on them.
  5. Mara

Mara Community Champion

That is so true. We ALL need good role models. And we also need to set a good example to others. Children tend to emulate what other people are doing, may it be their parents, older siblings, or their peers. We, as the more experienced and more knowledgeable ones, should guide them well. We should also earn their trust so that they won't keep things from us, that way we can steer them properly on the right path.
  6. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

We need role models and we need to think using our own head, so if we have support enough and guidance from home we can simply say no when the time comes.
  7. Pamphleteer

Pamphleteer Member

My first drug was actually a little known legal opiod called kratom. It's very inconvenient to ingest because it has a foul taste, but I very much enjoyed the feeling it gave me. I felt open, and my thinking felt incredibly focused.