An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What's in your coke?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Sparkster, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Some of the cocaine which has been siezed on the streets of the UK has been shown to be as little as 9% purity. What else is in there? Some of the content would shock you!
    Mrs. Cook likes this.
  2. moreno58

moreno58 Active Contributor

I don't really know much about cocaine and what is in it to be honest. I know I have heard that some people have had instant heart attacks after using even for the first time.
  3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

The dealers will usually add what they call adulterants. Adulterants are mixed with the pure form of cocaine to stretch it out and the dealer can sell more. Some well known forms of adulterants are laundry detergent, laxatives, and boric acid.

Now if you had pure cocaine, that would be called freebasing.
  4. henry

henry Community Champion

Well, yes, that's how they make money. They turn a kilo into three by adding a bunch of stuff. I've even heard they sometimes mix it with powdered milk. It's incredible how even knowing that they put all that stuff in it, I didn't give a crap and still put it up my nose.
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Glucose powder and crushed painkillers are just two of the things I've read about. I've also seen it being cut with baby formula.

Thankfully, those days are behind me. The only thing I'm going to find in my coke these days is ice and a slice : )
    Winterybella likes this.
  6. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I have not heard about baby powder, but I have heard of glucose and crushed painkillers. I have heard of so many different types of painkillers being used.
  7. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I imagine that they put anything in it they can. Flour could be in it, sugar or many other things. Anytime you are using something that is from a shady source, you are basically trusting them to make the substance pure and is one of the thing you can not rely on.
  8. kadiyania

kadiyania Member

The product I know of is called Bee-Works . Its a Bee stimulant that is mixed with water to make Bee's work harder and make more honey and when it dry's out you can re-add water to it. So dealers would mix it , then wet it and let it re-dry out to form rocks. In order to make it appear pure again and mix thoroughly. Bee-Works is sold in 25 lb. bags.
  9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

You can find all kind of adulterated drugs down the streets, and many of these are derivatives from research chemicals, which at a time are drugs that has not been thoroughly tested, and therefore the effects of these drugs in people who consume it are like a game of chance; unpredictable.
  10. Sparkster

Absolutely. However, even the "freebase" cocaine being sold in the UK has been shown to be as low as 29% in purity - it's already been cut before the dealers even get their hands on it! It's also the same with freebase amphetamine.

This seems to be quite common with many drugs. I guess any white powder would do. Glucose and painkillers seem to be common choices, presumably because they are so cheap and easy to get hold of.
  11. Matthodge1

So they use it for color and not for effect?
  12. Azreal328

Azreal328 Member

Not to be argumentative, but the term free-base actually refers to the act of smoking cocaine. It has nothing to do with the purity. But you are right, there can be any number of things mixed in cocaine, including baby laxatives, bc powder, creatine, and adderall (just a few examples). Cocaine is a terribly addicting substance and I've seen it ruin many lives.
  13. Sparkster

No. They don't use it for either color or effect. If it had an effect then surely people would just take those substances as recreational drugs? They use it for weight, nothing more - to make their supply heavier and therefore worth more money when it's sold. Obviously, if they mixed a blue, red or black substance with their cocaine then it would be obvious to everyone that it's not cocaine and no-one would want to buy it therefore they will use substances which look similar to cocaine (white crystalline).
  14. Sparkster

I thought the act of freebasing was intentionally washing it back, thereby increasing it's purity and making it smokeable? This would, essentially, be turning it into crack cocaine. If you're smoking cocaine then you're smoking crack. It's something I did quite a lot of many years ago. Additionally, the word freebase is used to describe substances which are supposed to be pure hence the nickname 'base' being given to freebase amphetamine which is very rarely smoked unless it's been turned into crystal meth(amphetamine). Freebase substances are the high purity substances which are then mixed with other substances to make street cocaine, speed, etc.
  15. Azreal328

Azreal328 Member

Like i said before, I don't want to argue this fact. Just look up the definition on Google. I'm not here to debate drug facts. I only signed up to this forum to help and support people trying to beat an addiction.
  16. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

Offtopic: I can tell you that in my coke there is no sugar. Of course, the coke I'am using can be bought in bottles from any general store.
    Winterybella likes this.
  17. Sparkster

Then why bother mentioning it and why take such an argumentative stance? I don't want to be argumentative either but lets get our facts right. Spreading misinformation is not helping and supporting people trying to beat an addiction and if that's really what you want to do then why don't you get a job as a therapist or a counselor? I've just Googled it and from what I can find, freebase cocaine is cocaine which has been refined using a solvent (i.e. washed back), just as I mentioned, whereas the act of smoking it is called freebasing because you are smoking freebase cocaine, rather than cocaine in it's salt form. Pretty ironic that you would tell me to just Google it when clearly you haven't Googled it yourself or you would know that.

Sources:
    luxury.rehabs.com/cocaine-addiction/freebase
    www.thefreedictionary.com/freebasing
    www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/occ_health/.../emp_assistance_drugs_crack.php
    https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2348
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_base
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  18. Azreal328

Azreal328 Member

Nobody is being argumentative here except you? I corrected somebody who said that freebase is pure cocaine with no cut. When you turn cocaine into crack you aren't refining it, it's not turning into something more pure. The substance is stretched in order to make more money off of it. To be clear, you don't have to turn cocaine into crack to "freebase" it. Sorry it's such a sensitive subject for you?
  19. Sparkster

Don't be so ridiculous. You're the one still arguing despite the fact that you are wrong. Saying it is stretched in order to make more money off it is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. When you wash back cocaine you lose a fairly large amount of it. I know this because I've done it myself no end of times, I know exactly how it works and yes, it is a refining process. That's why it's called washing it back - you are washing all the excess crap out of it. You are left with a lot less which is worth less money and weighs a lot less. It's not a sensitive subject for me, it's one I'm all too familiar with and know too much about from personal experience. You are clearly one of those sensitive people who cannot admit when they are wrong. Even Google, who you advised me to use yourself, have proven you wrong and you're still here arguing about it - then you say I'm argumentative and sensitive. You clearly have a very big chip on both shoulders. As a mental health professional, I would suggest that you see someone about that.
  20. Matthodge1

Ah. I did not know that. That makes much more sense. You learn something new every single day haha.