An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What's the real fascination with MARIJUANA?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Adrianna, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Active Contributor

I use marijuana occasionally and I must say that it is good. I particularly like the taste and smell. It is unique to all the other drugs plus it is cheap. It is stronger than most cigarettes and not as addictive.

My friend usually has chest problems and can not be around smoke but he can smoke marijuana comfortably without any problems. I also hear that it is used in hospitals to reduce anxiety among some patients. I think it is popular due to its calming effect you will never get in any other drug.
  2. remnant

remnant Community Champion

The real fascination with marijuana is in its ability to distort the reality of time, space and magnitude. This mental escape enables people to cushion themselves against the shocks of reality. In this state, some people can perform abnormal or stressful tasks or enter into a utopian world filled with euphoria. However, this is all deceptive since it hinders people from developing coping mechanisms required in life.
  3. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

I'm so glad this question was asked. I personally am strongly against the use of marijuana in my house. I don't pass judgment on those who smoke it since I don't know peoples circumstances but I think so smoke pot because its "cool" is just really sad, especially for an adult. I understand the need to fit in for teenagers and peer pressure can really take over on some but its so dangerous in my opinion. The idea of legalizing marijuana makes me sick to my stomach after seeing the effects it can have on people.
  4. melody

melody Active Contributor

I don't know if we can include videos, and I am not going to, but yes I think people do have a love affair with weed. There is a song my MC Chris called Wiid, or Weed. It goes, "Weed is by my side, its always been there". It is actually a really catchy toon. When I heard it for the first time, I think that is the first time that I connected weed being similar to a love affair.
  5. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I think it is sometimes a love affair with the feeling that smoking marijuana gives you. It takes away the stress in your life and helps you to relax in a way that many things cannot. For some it is almost a spiritual journey and for others it can be to alleviate their daily problems in life. I think it just depends on the age group of the smokers since they have different view points on marijuana.
    melody likes this.
  6. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

I think it's a bit of everything, marijuana had a very negative image in the past but in more recent times it's image has been cleaned up. There are a lot of kids that are convinced that it doesn't do you ant harm.
    melody likes this.