An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What's Your Favorite Recovery Song?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by menace, Nov 9, 2014.

1. pintbean

pintbean Active Contributor

I like everyone's suggestions! I currently can't think of one. It would be nice if we made like a youtube playlist of these songs so we can all listen to them when we need to.
  2. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

My favourite is "Clean" by Depeche Mode. It's from their "Violator" album and was never released as a single. It is about the singers own addiction problems. I think the title is pretty self explanatory.
  3. RobertNick

RobertNick Member

I used to have great problems with alcohol when I was 17 and my girlfriend was the only one that was strong enough to pull me out and show me what I was doing to myself. I'm still young, but at least now I have someone to live for and I owe her not to make another mistake again. So far it's working, 3 years and clean. Still a social consumer, but I haven't been drunk ever since.
  4. RoseK

RoseK Active Contributor

5. juno

juno Community Champion

I think for those who music is impactful, it can be a very supportive system. I grew up listening to songs and dreaming and imagining. I would always be drawn to songs that reflected any given point in my life. In the same way that strong songs of empowerment like "I Will Survive" have been awesome during break ups, I believe there are some awesome songs fro sobriety.
  6. RobertNick

RobertNick Member

That song is a classic, it's always been used for meetings, and it feels really empowering. Music does wonders.
  7. ic3squid

ic3squid Member

I listen to a lot of Eminem's songs, he's a great inspiration to everyone as he has recovered from his addictions to drugs and is now leading a happy life.
  8. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

Glad you like the same song, too. There is another song which I teach my students to sing and I listen to often. Of course, I sing it, too. It's not a recovery song but its lyrics contain a message which was relevant when it was written and is still relevant today. The song is "Blowing in the Wind". Have you listened to it before?
  9. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I love "Blowing in the Wind" too! It is such a simple song, yet means so much. It is definitely relevant today and will always continue to be so.