An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

What's your self-help treatment against nicotine and smoking addiction?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by SauceFavo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. SauceFavo

SauceFavo Member

Hello guys, I hope you are having a great day.

I'd like to know how you're treating your nicotine and smoking addiction because I'd like to learn from your experiences. Personally, this is what I've been doing:

• Vaping (I just bought a simple vaping mod, some e-juice and that's all)
    • Meditating (It has helped me a lot, especially mindful meditation)
    • Yoga (A simple 5-minute routine in the morning)
    • Cold showers (Especially in the morning and when I have feelings of relapse)
    • Journaling (Acknowledging that I'm walking towards the right direction)
    • Exercise (Simple strength training at home + boxing, which is now limited to shadow-boxing due to the lockdown)
    • Reading (Especially books that I love, like books by Carnegie)
    I do many of these things first thing in the morning, and so far now, it's helped me a lot to improve my life.

Let me know what you think, and I'd also like to know what you're doing to combat your nicotine and smoking addiction!
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I recovered by self-examination via the 12 Step model which lead me to the truth, that there’s distinct difference between abstinence and sobriety.

Even though I hadn’t had a dink in over 2 decades, I wasn’t sober, I was only abstinent from the drug alcohol, but not the drug nicotine, which is the # I killer of all drugs.

BTW, I boxed Golden Gloves. I believe Manny Pacquiao is the greatest boxer of all time.

I ‘m in my 70’s and still exercise, but more importantly, I have a whole food diet, mostly vegetables, no processed food. Bad diet is the #1 killer above drugs.
  3. Uranusman

Uranusman Member

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest choices people make. This decision is very difficult to accept mentally. Everyone often comes to a conclusion that vaping is the way out, and for many people it becomes true. Taking into consideration my experience, I can say that smokers are looking for the maximum effect of pleasure and the minimum threat from the consequences of smoking. That is why I suggest you look Vape Liquid UK, it shows a lot of vape options that will suit everyone's taste and size I personally buy products just at this onlie vape shop as it is the most reliable and affordable service. Moreover, the products from there are of the highest quality!