An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When cigarettes taste horrible

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Rosyrain, Sep 29, 2015.

1. brookeemily

brookeemily Active Contributor

That's awesome! I actually had a similar experience. I smoked a cigarette after months of not smoking and I couldn't even finish it. I was really happy about it and it definitely makes me less tempted to smoke a cigarette moving forward.
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I hope my fiance can reach that stage soon :( How long did it take you to reach this stage, OP? This year I am hoping to be able to help my fiance quit smoking, but it doesn't look like a really easy feat... I have my doubts to be honest, but we will try our best!
  3. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

Cigarettes always tasted like burnt popcorn and never interested me at all.
  4. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Very good to hear, I had stopped smoking for a while and when I tried to smoke the first cigarette I had the same reaction. I was really repulsed by cigarettes, unfortunately I had a cigarillo which doesn't taste or smell the same and before you know it I was smoking again. Don't be tempted to try any nicotine product, you are free now.
  5. nick92

nick92 Member

Cigarettes taste horrible all the times, the difference is just how you perceive them. I smoked for some years and I saw that the more you smoke, the less you are able to see how bad/repulsive/horrible they are! On the other hand, once you start smoking less, get some exercise and detox your body, every cigarette will feel and taste very bad. Eventually, this will help you quit for good.
  6. henry

henry Community Champion

I wish that would happen to me. The only cigarettes that taste or smell bad to me, are the ones from cigarette brands I don't like. Sure would like to wake up one morning and find my smokes tasting like crap. That way I could quit for good.
  7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Really stop and taste the flavor of your cigarette when you are smoking it and you will discover how bad they taste. Most people smoke so fast that they do not even realize how bad the flavor is. Try to actually taste it like you would with a new food you are trying. I think they taste the worst when you choke and cough right as you inhale.
  8. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I'm really happy for you!
    I haven't reached that point yet, I haven't completely quit and I don't feel proud of that at all. But sometimes I have noticed that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, when I get to half cigarette it starts tasting really disgusting, so I guess that it's something.
  9. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

I have never tasted a good cigarette haha. Tastes like burnt popcorn every time.
  10. PiersBall

PiersBall Member

I quit smoking cigarettes after several months of struggling. I couldn't really find a cigarette that would taste at least decent. As for me, vaping is so much better because the taste is completely different. I have a good vape pen and usually smoke vaporesso coils that give an amazing flavor with every hit. Sometimes I use smok replacement coils from https://www.vapetown.co.uk/collections/smok-replacement-coils which have a wonderful smell. I'm glad that I switch on vaping instead of smoking bad tobacco with awful smell.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021