An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When did you start?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by LaraLara, Jul 1, 2015.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I was 16 when I first started smoking marijuana. I got curious to try it since my classmates were talking about it. So I asked a classmate to get me some marijuana and I just gave him money to buy it since he knew a dealer. At first it feels great to be happy, then the depression that comes next is what makes it suck. After high school, I didn't get to smoke marijuana anymore because I lost touch with my classmate.
  2. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

That seems to be how most people have done it. A bit in the teens, and then not hardcore just recreational.
  3. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

A couple years back, with a few friends of mine. I thought they were good friends back then, but what they made me to do was really contradictory to my beliefs of them. I didn't like what I did, but when you are on the effect, you just don't care about anything anymore, and I enjoyed it. Now I really regret my decision. Luckily, I'm now clean and managed to do it by cold turkey. Feels good to be out of this drug! :)
  4. movingforward1

movingforward1 Active Contributor

I first smoked pot when I was 13. My dad was a smoker so I stole a bud from him and tried to roll it whole in some notebook paper as a "joint". It didn't work, so a friend and I smoked it out of a can.
  5. smartmom

smartmom Senior Contributor

I experienced it when in high school but soon after the experience decided that it was not for me. I am 46 now and probably would never go backwards. I don't judge people that use it, I just know that for me its a total waste.
  6. Ttirb

Ttirb Active Contributor

I started smoking weed around the time my grandmom died when I was 13. I did it almost everyday until I was 20 and ventured into the world of harder drugs, which by no means was influenced by my marijuana use. I don't really even consider weed a drug considering it is legal in a few states and is much safer then alcohol. I still smoke weed on occasion when I visit my family, everyone in my family smokes and functions well in society.
  7. stridee

stridee Active Contributor

Probably when I was about fifteen years old. It was an interesting experience, and something that I definitely do not mind sharing with others. I used to think that I would never ever do it, but it just happened. I wish that I had not done it, but am glad that I am not addicted at the moment. I can definitely see how someone could become so easily addicted to it though. Just remember that we can stop whenever we want to!
  8. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

Well, I was a late bloomer when it came to smoking my first joint since I was 21. At first, I did not feel that it did anything and I was wondering what all the hype was about weed. Then I got up and suddenly I knew what the hype was all about it. I smoked for over ten years and stopped when I found I was pregnant. I have not smoked any more since then and that has been 11 years ago. I have not regretted my decision to stop smoking but I enjoyed it while I did.
  9. It was when I was 13 years old. I was at the park and near the gate so that no one would see. I was excited, and I surely acted like I knew what I was doing. Nevertheless, I don't smoke weed nearly as much as I used to, and I plan on stopping altogether for health reasons.
  10. johnyork

johnyork Active Contributor

I started at 17 when I was in an University. I was hanging out with a few of my friends. I was more of a drinker so I was not really into the pot culture in the college. One day, one of them just gave me a lighter and a pipe, Sure enough, the foil caught a flame because I wasn't holding it right. Luckily, nobody in the area really cared if we smoked because it was a normal thing.