An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When my Friend got out of Rehab

Discussion in 'Share Your Rehab Experience' started by RakeMind4, Oct 3, 2014.

1. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Well I think it's pretty common for people who get out of rehab to be thinking at superlative about them, like they conquered the world by simply getting out of an addiction, I don't know it this passes, but it's still better than an addict.
  2. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

Well, this was or shall I say is, quite a thread! I think you summed it all up with questioning isn't it better to be dealing with a superlative mindset of achievement compared to an addictive mindset misusing drugs? Not saying, it is healthy to get on an ego trip, think it might be getting close to narcissistic, but better to deal with other issues in a sober state. If rehab can get you this far, I would say it is a successful start.

3. Wow. I was not aware of this. It is a sad thing to have a combination of a mental illness and an addiction. I am praying for some of my loved ones.
  4. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

sometimes the focus is on something else in order to stay clean and forget about the difficulty of having had an addiction, people deal with finding it hard to continue on a sober path by doing or fixing something else.