An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When was the last time you got drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by amethyst, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Pinoy Jade

Pinoy Jade Active Contributor

well it was just last year around the new years eve just like FuZyOn. Well its part of our family to celebrate and alcohol is always there and wine is also there. It is the liquid used for us to talk with each other formally and informally.
  2. Nick Anthony

Nick Anthony Active Contributor

Last time was about a year ago. I got black out drunk. I'm pretty sure that took a few months off my life span. The next day I felt like crap. I couldn't understand how I could ever do that to my body. It's like I tortured myself and I don't even know why. I think it's because I was just in a party mood which eroded any sense of rationality. I'll never get like that again.
  3. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

It was New Year's I think...I drank to much of champagne and vodka, but luckily my friends were there and they kept an eye on me. :D
  4. stariie

stariie Community Champion

Drunk? About 2 years ago. A friend of mine was hanging out at my house, she was in a really foul mood because her boyfriend stood her up. It was her birthday and they were supposed to be going out, having fun, blah blah blah, but none of that materialized because the boyfriend was a no-show.

My friend and I went and bought some hard liquor and drank the night and early morning away, so that she wouldn't feel so bummed out on her birthday.

I still drink, but not a lot and not often.
  5. anne16

anne16 Active Contributor

There was only one time when I really got drunk, that was about 2 years ago. At that time, it was only me and my husband celebrating our anniversary. I thought of getting drunk just to find out how much I could really handle. Apparently, not much, because after just several shots, my world started to spin and I have to rush to the comfort room. After the trip to the toilet, I came back to our room and just fell asleep. (fortunately, my husband was there to clean me up and help me). I haven't do the same again and not planning of ever doing it again.
  6. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I can't actually remember -- it's been such a long time and wasn't too memorable from the fact that I can't even recall when it was. I think one of the last times was at a work Christmas function several years back - or at least that's the last one that springs to mind readily. I made enough of an idiot of myself to really sit up and take notice of my behavior.
  7. henry

henry Community Champion

Well, I haven't quit drinking, I control it. I only drink once a week now, and usually on weekends. Last time I had a drink was on Saturday. Like I've said in another posts, I drink at home to avoid trouble, and I usually drink alone, just like the George Thorogood song. Good I remembered, I've just got to play that song this weekend.
  8. musicmonster

musicmonster Senior Contributor

It was back in New Year's. I kind of regret it to be honest. Major hang over.
  9. diprod

diprod Active Contributor

Just last month when my boyfriend and I had a major fight. It was bad and I told myself I wouldn't do it again. I didn't like the feeling after.
  10. cmleasure

cmleasure Active Contributor

I had a pretty good buzz going on last night. My housemates and I had wine and enjoyed the weather on the front porch accompanied by good conversations. We then made bison burgers and had a bonfire. I ended up going to bed fairly early and waking up early.
  11. rightct

rightct Community Champion

It's been way too long to actually remember. A few years, at least. But I honestly don't even want to specifically remember anymore, solely because what's in the past should undoubtedly remain in the past. :)
  12. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

Well, last time I got drunk was two months ago at a night out with my friends. I don't even know how that happened but since then nothing similar has occured and I don't inted to repeat that in the near future as well.
  13. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I have to admit, it was three months ago, after three years of not touching a drop of alcohol. I never got out of control, but I felt incredibly guilty for going back on my word that I wouldn’t drink anymore, just because someone else wanted me to. Made me realize I’m still susceptible to pressure, and I need to set better boundaries.
  14. Se7en

Se7en Active Contributor

Week ago. I usually stay at my girlfriends house for weekend and almost every weekend I get drunk with girlfriends father :D
  15. henry

henry Community Champion

Last time I got drunk was last Friday. As I've said before, I pick one day of the week to get drunk. I only drink at home, because if I do it at some bar or party, I just know there's gooing to be trouble. Since I started drinking strictly at home, my alcohol problems went away along with my drug problems.
  16. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Last time? It was back in 2012 if I recall righ. I got drunk in order to be able to break up with my then horrible boyfriend. At the end of that day I was so sick I no longer cared about anything else, and ended up breaking up with him via text. I had what could better be described as the worst hangover ever just 3 hours after getting drunk. So far I hadn't experienced a hangover ever in my life... not like that at least.

This one was so bad and a clear sign from my body telling me I had to stop before it was too late. So I did what any person with some self love and respect in their body would do: quit.
  17. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I don't drink very often and when I do I only have a few. I don't like the feeling of being out of control and in that state. I have on occasion had too much to drink but it was quite some time ago. My SO drinks a lot so whenever he is drinking I have to be sober so I can babysit him and make sure he doesn't get in trouble. I can never really relax when we are out together and he is drinking. I never know what he is going to do or who he is going to pick a fight with. I am always on edge. He gets drunk 3-4 times a week. Mostly it is just at home but even then I have to keep an eye on him because he always wants to cook when he is too drunk to even stand so I am scared he will burn the place down.
  18. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I think it was about one and a half year ago... It was my birthday and I was on a bar drinking and smoking with my sister and her ex girlfriend, nothing really happened but I remember that I felt really bad and disgusted about of being drinking and smoking that much, It wasn't good for me and for my loved ones.
  19. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Sunday, June 10 2001 starting at 7am and ending around 7pm.
    I remember it so clearly. I got off work at 7am and had a few beers.
    Met up with some friends and started drinking at the bar around lunch.
    Drank and drank and drank as us alcoholics often do.
    Woke up the next day in my garage, felt terrible. Had this moment with God where I though WTF am I doing? Is this the way to live a life I just lost a whole day and few hundred bucks and for what? To shorten my life?
    Haven't touched booze since.
  20. Wow, the last time I got drunk... I really can't recall. My tolerance had gone up so high, I was drinking half bottles and barely getting a what was supposed to feel like a buzz. I needed my drinks to feel "normal" or to feel at least what I thought was normal. I haven't had a drink since April 27th and now I know what "normal" feels like, it feels good. I'm glad I don't remember the last time I was drunk.