An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When was the last time you got drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by amethyst, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Fairplay007

Fairplay007 Member

Mine was a bad memory.. it happened during my friend birthday, indeed I could say my best friend because we are very close. I hardly take alcohol when I go out or in a public place, I only do that when ever I go out with my brothers. even at that I know my limit of drinking, and if am getting beyond my limit, am always covered because I won't be afraid of being hurt or rape by some one. But on this faithful day of my best friend birthday, both old and new friends, close and far came around to celebrate with my friend. and it happened I went to the party alone, the table where I was sitting with friends were filled with all sort of alcohol drinks, and before I could know, every body is already drinking, and for me not to be offline i took a bottle and start drinking. that was all I could remember, the next day I found my self in my ex-boyfriend house naked. when I opened my eyes and I heard some one calling me baby, I knew it has happened again. what I have been avoiding for 2years now has happened again. I cried......
  2. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Interesting that you fully remember as if you knew it would be the last time. I don't recall the last time. It was that fun. No, seriously I just kind of didn't care about it anymore. I haven't really ever had a problem. I was a pusher for 10 years though, a bartender. Working with it you develop this attitude about that it is nothing special to do. You just make money off of it. Extremely entertaining job I must say. I loved it.
  3. brak2714

brak2714 Member

My last drink was over 4 months ago. I was on a three day binge with Vodka and eventually wine. I woke up on the fourth day in such a deep depression and on the verge of panicking - absolute nightmare! Haven't drank since and don't intend to. Was the most frightening experience of my life.
  4. stridee

stridee Active Contributor

The last time I got drunk was at a Christmas party. It was really interesting as I never really drink that much to the point of me getting drunk. I guess it was excusable since it was the holidays, but I have made it a thing to calm down on my drinking. I am doing the best that I can to minimize the impact that alcohol will have on me. It is very important to control yourself and make sure that no one can influence you to do bad things to your body.
  5. Aescopri

Aescopri Active Contributor

I am, by all means, not a drinker, but I can say that many friends and family who drink don't get drunk as easily. If you're a regular drinker, and you don't drink alcohol with high alcohol volume, you actually just get drunk once or twice a year—according to my personal experience with regular drinkers, that is.
    The last time I've gotten drunk was also the first time. It was a peculiar experience—I was a little kid. Eating ice cream. That contained alcohol in it. Which I didn't know of.
  6. Cheeky_Chick

Cheeky_Chick Community Champion

Just before Christmas for me, in a relapse that I am very much not proud of in the slightest. But the good news is that it has not happened since, and now I feel as though I don't even want it to happen at all, which is a great thing for me of course. I just know that I cannot continue to do that to my family, because they have been through so much thanks to my addiction. I have to let it go now, and make sure that it is definitely no longer a part of my life.
  7. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

I think it was 6 years ago, with a couple of friends. I regretted that moment so much you can't even imagine. Ever since then things settled down well, but I had a lot of remorse to deal with afterwards, to be honest.
  8. Ttirb

Ttirb Active Contributor

June of 2013. I had just turned 21 a few weeks before so I did what most 21 year olds do and when to the bar and got wasted with my fiancé. I'm almost positive that's the night I got pregnant with my daughter too. I've had a couple drinks since she was born, but I have never got drunk since. I just don't think small children and being drunk mix well.
  9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

It's been 5 months for me, not as long as a lot of you but it is what I have. Being in University it was hard to moderate drinking so I had to cut it off completely to get it under control.
  10. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

I'm so proud to say the last time I got drunk was October of 2010.:) In fact that is the last time I had a drink at all. My life now is so much more enjoyable. Actually living over merely existing is a wonderful change I recommend everyone do. The key point I'm making here is no matter how deep you are in addiction, no matter what other issues you have with that addiction reaching out is what needs to happen. Get help most of all be honest with yourself. If you aren't ready then don't bother it only works when you really have a sincere desire to change.
  11. Optimismo

Optimismo Member

The last time I drank was about three months ago, and it nearly cost me my career. Normally, a few drinks every now and then is fine but I was deathly hungover and had really over indulged myself the day before. I showed up for work and got severely reprimanded for showing up hungover and smelling like alcohol. (I didn't drive, in case that was being wondered) Thankfully there's been no more issues since and I haven't even touched alcohol since then, and no issues prior. Still, in the time before that I was definitely tiptoeing the line due to a tendency to "stress drink."
  12. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

I've only been drunk once since I stopped all my partying and over-indulging. It was at a bonfire and it involved Jack Daniels, Coca Cola and country music. LOL
    I knew immediately it was a bad idea and felt awful physically and mentally. Now I am able to have a beer or two with no problems.
  13. shellybean808

shellybean808 Member

This absolutely true. A little over a month ago I did a detox, not just to lose weight but to clear my head and my spirit. I felt myself going back to my old ways where as soon as something I didn't plan on popped up (which it usually does because that's how life works) I would head straight to the store for liquor. I have a long history of alcoholics in my family, I remember going to AA 'graduations' as a kid for my uncles so it's definitely in my genes. I felt myself repeating history so I decided to do a detox and just recently I picked up my first drink and I was tipsy off of the first glass of wine.

Honestly I was happy about being tipsy off of the first drink because it made me feel like I accomplished something. What? I have no idea but it made me feel good.
  14. btalivny

btalivny Active Contributor

The last time I got drunk was approximately eight months ago. I have stopped drinking all together since then since it is very detrimental and many things that were close to me were breaking away.
  15. The last time I got drunk was a month ago. But, before that, I had been completely sober for 8 months. Drinking is not a problem for me, but it once almost turned into one when I was in college. I always regret having gotten drunk when morning comes. I really can't stand the hangover so I try to avoid getting drunk. I can't see myself quitting completely though, at least not in the foreseeable future. I am yet to see anything wrong with two beers that only leave me feeling great with no hangover in the morning.
  16. 6up

6up Community Champion

Four years now, since I stopped taking alcohol. I now live a better life without alcohol. I also managed to completely avoid friends who had influenced me into taking alcohol.
  17. elbowstain

elbowstain Member

About two weeks ago. I have been too busy with real life issues. I don't plan to stop if that's what you're insinuating. I enjoy drinking and have control. I know a lot of people that are trying to quit(A lot here on this website). I do have issues with alcoholics though, my father for one is an alcoholic, which brought me to this website. He drinks daily but luckily when he goes away for work he isn't allowed to drink at all, I think that's why he drinks so much at home.. :/
  18. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I've been drunk with sleep but never drunk with alcohol. Am I missing anything? Reading a lot of what has been posted, I am guessing I fine being sober? I think so. For those of you who have stumbled, just regain your strength and keep going forward. For those who are on track, keep going. For those who are still struggling, don't stop trying. The fight can be won.
  19. cjcasey83

cjcasey83 Member

I got drunk almost exactly 3 years ago. My life is so much better since I quit drinking. I get to do so much cool stuff with my family and friends. I cannot believe that I drank for so long and so much. Life was just passing me by and I had no clue! I found something in life that I never knew was available before
  20. x9859x

x9859x Member

The last time I got drunk was about 3 years ago. I do not miss the feeling, and I absolutely do not miss having my face in a garbage bag for most of the night. I was a complete wreck whenever I drank, and I was not how I usually am whenever I am sober. There are times when I think about when I was drunk, and remember how I thought drinking was so cool and how free I felt whenever I drank back then; but now I know that drinking does not make you free, and drinking to be cool isn't cool. I am glad that I have been sober for 3 years, and I know my family is proud of my decision as well.