An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

When was the last time you got drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by amethyst, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I hate the sensation of being sick to my stomach. It is the worst feeling in the world and I avoid it at all costs. I have gotten myself sick off of alcohol way too many times in the past to do that ever again.
  2. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

It's been 3 years for me since I got drunk. Ever since I got saved through Jesus Christ, I haven't had a single desire to drink or do anything. Total freedom! :)
  3. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

The last time I got drunk was this spring. I had the stupid idea of getting a little buzz so confess something which I couldn't while sober. Turned out that I was pretty pathetic as I drank too much. That was one hell of a lesson.
  4. dkelly

dkelly Active Contributor

I don't think I've ever been truly drunk. I may have been a little tipsy a few times but nothing where I wasn't in control of my behavior. I also seldom drink. This is because I am deathly afraid of actually being drunk and out of control. My father is an alcoholic and I have grown up with a deep fear of being drunk or becoming an alcoholic.
  5. leahx132

leahx132 Member

It has been about 2 months now. I decided that I had enough because I figured it wouldn't benefit me in the future. The first few weeks were tough for me but luckily, my family supported me and it got easier from there. Hopefully, I can make it for a year.
  6. rikka

rikka Member

The last alcoholic drink I had was last month, and it was just two glasses of makgeolli because it was a Korean celebration in our city. And I wasn't even wasted because makgeolli is just mild. But if you mean "drunk" drunk, it was around 2009, and it was just two shots of tequila. My friends and I crossed the street to buy bread and ice cream afterwards, but that was extremely bad and dangerous because I felt dizzy while crossing the street. Afterwards, I thought I'm not gonna touch tequila and hard drinks ever again.
  7. Shenwil

Shenwil Senior Contributor

I do drink alcohol but never to the point of getting drunk. My boyfriend claims I got drunk once when we went out but actually wasn't. Alcohol tends to make me laugh and loosen up and that's what happened so he says I was drunk.
  8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

I can remember the last time I was buzzed, but I've never been full on drunk. I am too scared to get drunk due to seeing how people act under the influence. I fear that I would hurt the people I care about. The last time I was intoxicated was about three years ago during the month of December.
  9. MichelleVL

MichelleVL Senior Contributor

I'm not a heavy drinker, or a frequent drinker at that. I might drink 2 days out of the whole year, and it might be like a wine glass or 2. The last time I was drunk was 5 years ago at a beach concert. We didn't have much money for drinks, so we were mixing drinks to get a higher buzz. Needless to say, my hangover was horrible. I felt like my brain was melting or had been submerged in acid. I've never gotten drunk ever again.