An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Where I am

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by redtail57, Nov 21, 2018.

1. redtail57

redtail57 Active Contributor

Thank You :)
    deanokat likes this.
  2. redtail57

Taken from a VA document online
    Patient Information: Taking Opioids Responsibly
    Page 4 of 8
    death. Some drugs can interfere with your pain care or opioid therapy. If you abuse
    alcohol or use street drugs, your provider will encourage you to get treatment for this
    problem, and may stop prescribing opioids. Treatment for alcohol or drug abuse will not
    interfere with your ability to get treatment for your pain or other conditions – and this
    treatment may be helpful.
    Illegal “street” drugs include
    • Cocaine
    • Heroin
    • LSD

• Marijuana that is not authorized by a provider NOTE: It is illegal for patients to
    possess marijuana on Federal property; this includes all VA facilities.
    • Methamphetamine or
    MDMA / Ecstasy
    Then she tried a new experimental treatment: therapy under the influence of MDMA, better known as Ecstasy. Her therapist suggested she sign up to be part of a pilot study. After three sessions, she said, “I felt like my soul snapped back into place.”
    Appleton, 32, was treated in Boulder, Colorado, in a study arranged and funded by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), an organization that has long pursued a strategy of supporting rigorous scientific research into otherwise illegal drugs.
    “As someone that was being over-prescribed medication for my PTSD for years, this audit is not surprising at all,” said Sean Azzariti, 32, a retired Marine and Iraq veteran who lives near Denver. He uses cannabis to self-treat his post-traumatic stress symptoms and has openly pushed for other veterans to receive legal access to marijuana for their ailments.
    “The main reason behind all of the advocating I've been doing for years is to try and provide an alternative to the excessive amount of pills that is being prescribed to our veterans. It's truly a travesty,” Azzariti said. “I believe that this audit coming to light will finally show people just how irresponsible the VA has been with the lives of our veterans.” I posted this for people to see the craziness and oxymoronic thinking of the people behind all of this .
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@redtail57 oh my... that is something. talk about yanking people around. what's the REAL DEAL?

this is something i'd like to study out some more. there are many veterans who just aren't getting the care they need and deserve.... let's keep doing the research. also, what about cbd oil? that's not illegal all over the place, but it is rather expensive... and, ya gotta know the quality of it and the suppliers. there are so many greedy folks out there selling crap... (as always)

ok, i'm going to do some more research too and maybe we can post our finding here. :)
  4. redtail57

Thank you ! :D
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I will admit the federal government having marijuana classified as the most dangerous narcotic on planet earth is madness,but I guess it makes sense when you consider the pharmacy can sell you legal meth(Ritalin-Concerta-Adderall) or legal Heroin(Norco-morphine-loratab-fentanyl-oxycontin)and can make billions doing it but that (Marijuana)is so deadly and you can get it from dude down the street tax free........................
    .....................Im sure it all makes sense to someone's bank acct:confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::confused::confused:
  6. True concern

Almost forgot Trey Gowdy from a Senate committee has pointed this out PUBLICLY and has been trying to change it but unfortunately other senator's just won't get aboard with him so the votes they aren't a coming in our favor...but some are trying.Enough politics for me before I start getting death threats again
    deanokat, Dominica and redtail57 like this.
  7. joe p

joe p Member

Redtail,

Sorry to hear about your struggles. This forum is a great place for advice and encouragement.

If you're not already a member, I'd recommend checking out: https://vetsbenefits.net My ID over there is "jpover"
    Its's a forum where veterans can discuss and get advice on treatment with other vets. Many of us are dealing with PTSD, addiction and related symptoms. I'm still trying to get my medications "right" as well while also dealing with alcoholism (recovering).

Good luck and prayers your way. Joe
  8. Dominica

@joe p hey there! thanks so much for posting that link.... i'm going to pass it along to family members who are veterans.... awesome!

in gratitude for you!
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@redtail57... @Dominica's CBD oil suggestion is something you may want to investigate. I found some websites that deal specifically with veterans and the use of CBD oil. Do a Google search and do some reading. Knowledge is power.
  10. redtail57

Thanks for that info!
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  11. redtail57

Thanks Joe ! I am not a member but I will be real soon-Peace Brother
    deanokat, Dominica and joe p like this.
  12. deanokat

@joe p... Thanks a million for posting that link! Love this community!!! People helping people. Ya gotta love that!!! :)
  13. redtail57

This is the bill Trump passed. They said that it will take years to implement and even then Veterans still won't have the full access to the care they need .https://veterans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/va_mission_act_summary.pdf
  14. deanokat

Dominica and redtail57 like this.
  15. True concern

I don't have internet but I downloaded it via data,I only have a smartphone so it will take awhile to read in such small print...but I will and then I will reply after I read it
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  16. Dominica

@redtail57 i do hope they can implement this sooner. i agree that veterans deserve better... my gosh, how can a VA hospital not provide excellent care??? come on people.... this is basic decency and care. it's not rocket science...
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  17. True concern

I couldn't agree more,these men and women dodge bullets so we don't have to and the beaurocrats in D.C.put them through this after...It really pisses me off
    deanokat likes this.