An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Whew!

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Momboss, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Momboss

Momboss Active Contributor

So today is 4 actually almost 84 hours. I don’t feel like I can count full days yet because I’m still holding on with an iron grip to keep from falling. I was so thankful I woke up this morning, I had an irrational fear I wouldn’t. Anyhow I woke up feeling good, feeling better. I had gotten out of bed started some house things and 3 hours after waking I am here. I broke out into a clammy sweat and had the shakes. Well not shakes where I’m shaking but shaky inside.
    So now I’m sitting here updating and riding through another episode of physical yuck.
    But even with that today I feel good mentally, and I’ll probably be freaking out in an hour or so lol.
    This is a roller coaster I never want to get back on that’s for sure!
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Momboss congrats on day 4! THAT IS AWESOME!!! and the roller coaster ride is real, for sure, but look at you RIDING IT!! :) makes me think of actually riding one of those monsters! all up and down and around, scary, making me nauseous!! and then i get off, relieved to BE ALIVE, and vow to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! lol

you're doing this and glad you are feeling better mentally... it WILL get better.... just think each day it can get better and no matter what, you never have to drink again... never have to cope with life by drinking either... there are better ways! enjoy your life free from that compulsion. and thank you for being here sharing your journey with us!!

appreciate you and i hope you have a beautiful day!
    deanokat, True concern and Momboss like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Momboss I am so incredibly proud of you, you have made it through the worst physically and now all that's left is to embrace the knowledge that no day is perfect,everyday as addicts in recovery something gets to us emotionally or mentally however you want to word it but just accept life is life and keep pushing forward.Here before to long you want be counting hour's rather day's and so on.Your a strong woman and Im happy to have been able to be a part of your journey. Congratulations. Stay Strong and God Bless
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Super proud of you, @Momboss! You are a rock star!! Take things a day at a time, an hour at a time, or a minute at a time if necessary. Whatever helps keep you on the right path. You're DOING this!!
    True concern likes this.