An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Which is best

Discussion in 'Share Your Rehab Experience' started by mightymap2, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mightymap2

mightymap2 Member

If I was looking for the absolute best treatment center which one would I choose? What criteria should I be looking for when selecting the best treatment center?
  2. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I think it will depend on a variety of factors for example costs involved. Will you be able to afford high end rehab facilities? Is the rehab well equipped and are the personnel highly trained?
    stariie likes this.
  3. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 Active Contributor

I think it does depend on the cost and what you can afford. Next it would be the reputation. Find out the best reviews for the best facilities. Will the rehab facility have everything you need to help you get treatment.
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Agree that it depends whether you are looking for those centers that are funded by the government or those that are private centers. I think there could be some government funded centers that are good enough and have good reputations.
  5. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I don't think there is a "best" out there. It's not like you can find them ranked like colleges. You need what is best for you and not what is "best" based on other's reviews. What can you afford? What programs do they have that will help you?
    stariie likes this.
  6. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Hi mightymap2. Perhaps, this link could be of help: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/addiction/choosing-a-drug-treatment-program.htm.

Like what others say here, looking at the affordability of the center to you matters a lot. So maybe, in consideration of that, see if the centers one can afford also have the criteria mentioned in the site. There may be some variations but choose the one with criteria that you value most, maybe that which have well-trained staff. That way, one can still benefit from the treatment that's within the budget.
  7. wulfman

wulfman Senior Contributor

It also depends on how much you are willing to pay. You most often get what you pay for and any private treatment center will be substantially more expensive versus a government one.
  8. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

What kind of treatment are you looking for? Are you looking for a drug or an alcohol treatment facility? If you're the fastidious type then you would certainly mind about the center's reputation and how many of its attendees have successfully overcome addiction post-treatment. So maybe you can do profiling and see whether there are centers near you that match your preferred statistics. If not, then you can research online. I'm sure the effort will breed great results. Criteria to consider should be as follows:
    - Number of successful members
    - Program quality
    - Awards/accolades/recognitions from a well-known body
    - Authenticity of testimonies
    - The presence of empowerment modules
    - Volunteer opportunities
    stariie likes this.
  9. Ohyesuare

Ohyesuare Member

I know the Betty Ford Clinic is one of the most known rehab centers. I have done some research on it as well and I would have to say that it is the best. If millionaire celebrities choose to go there for treatment then you know it has to be good.
  10. stariie

stariie Community Champion

That depends on you and what you respond to and resonate with. What can you afford? Does the facility have to be close by to where you live now, or are you willing to travel?
    Some people don't have the luxury of finding a place that would suit their needs exactly, they just have to get into something as soon as possible to stop the madness that's going on in their lives, however, if one is able to do research before going into a program, then that's great.
    That being said, reading up on what different treatment centers have to offer would probably be the most bare bones of due diligence. Testimonies should be read, pictures should be looked at of the facility. And on and on it goes until you find the right fit for you.
  11. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

You will want to look for one that will specifically meet your needs for recovery - do you need a program that specializes in addictions like yours, do you need an inpatient or outpatient? would you like to be close to home or far away- and do you want one that is supervised by medical staff? Consider the ins and outs of what you need and then begin calling facilities to compare the pros and cons
  12. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

I agree, it varies from person to person. Some people can afford the best treatment there is, and some can't. Some people respond to negative reinforcement, some positive. We are a diverse species, so there's honestly not a perfect answer to your query. Definitely read about what they offer before you choose!