An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Which the most expensive alcohol brand and why buy?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by 6up, Feb 24, 2015.

1. 6up

6up Community Champion

I here some alcohol brands going for $2000. Why that and are they any special. Is it advisable to buy those brands and why are they expensive. Can one feel a hangover the following day. What makes one choose such a brand?
  2. Jane

Jane Active Contributor

I think some people buy them because of the rarity. Many of them are so expensive because there are only a limited amount of them available...or they've taken many, many years to create. It's kind of like how some wines may be from decades ago and therefore, they become more expensive.

As for the hangover side, if you drink enough of any alcohol and don't take certain precautions (like also drinking water), then sure, you can still feel a hangover the next day.
  3. Bonzer

Bonzer Community Champion

A quote from CNN website "Rare Macallan "M" whisky sold for $628,205". Such whopping price was paid in a Sotheby's auction in Hongkong last weekend. Even whiskies too are blended from aged oak casks. They sample them carefully. Another reason is their drinkability over a long period of time and zero hangover.

Well, any alcoholic drink is habit forming and addictive. If you don't get a fine malted whiskey, you'll settle for a less premium one. So, keeping it off, in the first place, is a wise option. Hope you'll not despise me for a free advice though. lol. :)
  4. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

I'm not sure, but I don't understand why people spend so much money on alcohol! I am very much all for not spending a lot of money on anything, and when I drink alcohol is definitely not an exception to that.
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I thought that those very rare wines are the most expensive since those could be very old. Maybe some of those who can afford it buy it to taste it and because simply they can afford it. I agree that even the cheapest type of alcohol can be addictive.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

People who are spending such large amounts on alcohol, I wouldnt have thought would be buying it to drink. There is a lot of people around the world that collect rare wines and different spirits for one reason or another. Personally I've never seen the point of it to be honest but each to their own I guess.

As for the hangover's, I think if you drink any alcohol you'll get an hangover from it eventually it just depends on how much you drink and what the strength of it is.
  7. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

As much as I love to drink, I would not spend over $100 on alcohol. I do not know of many brands that are high, but I do know of a few when it comes to tequila and vodka. My favorite kinds of tequila and vodka are Jose Cuervo, Patron, Ciroc, Segrams, and Absolute. Those are kind of cheap but it depends on the size of the bottle that you purchase, especially with Cuervo, Patron, and Ciroc. The only way I would spend a lot of money on alcohol is if I am having a party. You will never catch me spending too much money on alcohol when it will be gone and I am left with the bottle. It is not that serious.
  8. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

I would not advise anyone buying these brands unless I knew they are really wealthy! Not many people are able to buy these, and the reason why these brands are so expensive is because of their unique brand name, nothing more.
  9. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

In New Zealand some brands like Captain Morgan or the Jacob Creek brands can get expensive at times, so need to purchase when on special which is a better time and saves you money. I think when drinking try and go for the cheaper ones, as if you spend too much money on booze then you won't have money left for things like the bills, or petrol and food which is needed, to survive in this world and would have problems in your day to day life you continue to drink. I would only buy expensive ones, maybe for an occasion or if I was having a party or friends over then it would be a good reason to buy the drink for a higher price.
  10. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Exclusivism was and will always be something people will buy. Just think about it: Would everyone buy that $2000 drink, or would you pertain to a very exclusive class of people which will undoubtedly allow you to show off in front of others? I strongly believe it's the latter.
  11. regicide3342

regicide3342 Member

I mean the most expensive you could get are probably those wines that are like one hundred years old. If your looking for regular drinks, that would probably be some high-voltage vodka. Why would you like to get that expensive alcohol anyway :p?
  12. Missfortune81

Missfortune81 Member

Aside from beer, I don't really understand what makes the super-expensive taste better. When it comes to liquor, I really just don't notice much of difference. However, when it comes to beer and wine I can definitely tell the difference. Cheap beer always gives me a headache.
  13. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

It's ego thing. Hey everyone look at me, I'm rich and can afford the most expensive alcohol there is. It's like anything else in life. It's all about status and making yourself look better then everyone else.