An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why am I here?

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Adrianna, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I would love to hear more about that purification process that you were referring to, as well. I hope that everything is starting to go well with you. You are loved. Never forget that.
  2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercetti Community Champion

Welcome Adrianna, we can always use a few more helpers here in our forum. There are always people who need help and its people like you who give them the necessary courage to achieve progress.
    Joseph likes this.
  3. I am sorry to hear about that. I was once an alcoholic, too. I stopped drinking when I had my first baby because I have to. I do not want her to experience the same things I have experienced when I was young. My mom left me when I was 4. She left me for a guy and it did not stop haunting me until I had my bundle of joy.
  4. 6up

6up Community Champion

It is always good to be open and helping your friends out of addiction. Most may consider that as not being their business but remember if you help an addict,they will never forget your helping advice. This is the way we live in our communities and we can not run away from addicts who are our brothers, sisters or even friends. Most addicts are ready for advice and if we can help them, then we are building strong communities.
  5. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Sorry for the slow reply I hadn't looked in this thread since I posted I guess. Well you can check with them. But there is the Purification Rundown. I just noticed that they have one specifically for drug problems that is different.
    Their rundowns are expensive. It is worth it. They will let someone make payments.
    The Purification is jogging & sweating every day until the body is clean. Vitamins, oils, and so forth. Its all monitored and increased gradually. Niacin is used to push out the toxins and drugs.
    They address the mental part of addiction in a very different way. Its a type of processing. I haven't actually looked at what is available for this completely. There's no drugs involved its vitamins.
  6. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I would just like to encourage you to show compassion to your family and loved ones. You're the only one who can show them the way amid this storm of drug problems which they are currently facing. I believe that only you holds the key to their success.
  7. Adrianna

Oh being careful of things, living in terror. Lol. God forbid anyone should be kind or want to better anothers life. People believe what they want. 100% or not, it is what you want it to be. 99.9% sounds like the statistics for whether or not a birth control pill will actually do what it is suppose to.
    The only thing I'd be hiding from is the nasty behavior of someone on drugs or alcohol who whips out at you like a poltergeist from the dead. Cause that's what it looks like.
    People should help each other out. Whatever way they can. You never know when you will need help.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  8. kgord

kgord Community Champion

It is great thta you didnt fall into the traps of your parents Adrianna. I wish you continued success on your journey. Well you need to make sure that you get the support you need to continue on your journey.
  9. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

So sorry to hear about your parents issue, is everything going better with them? I had a similar problem with my mom who was an alcoholic during my whole childhood, fortunately she stopped (better late than never!). My biological dad had the same issue, but he also managed to quit it with his willpower. I did the same as well, plus the help of my doctor. I congratulate you for not falling into the same trap your parents did.
  10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I thought scientology was some kind of cult?? I really don't know much about them. Either way just make sure to take a breather in between helping people. There is nothing like " recharging the old batteries".
  11. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

It is nice to know that you had this thought of helping other people who had addiction problems and you had done it already to your love ones. Just continue your good intention of sharing and helping other people of what you knew about addiction. All the best of luck!
    deanokat likes this.
  12. Adrianna

Interesting. Yeah alcoholism, can be, a learned behavior. They see their parents do it so they follow along. Smoking sometimes is that way. Other times kids are repulsed by the behavior and vow not to be that way.
    Looking for signs. Now that might be a hard one. I tend to think though that if someone has a real problem it effects other things. Behavior and maybe attitude. Bad attitude can be cause by other things so not necessarily alcoholism. I don't know but people who need it every day or at least 5 days a week, this is an addiction. Using to sidestep other issues that one can't seem to face, well this can be more of a temporary thing. I think the biggest indication to me, having been a bartender would be something like this. Drinking what ails you for breakfast or lunch. A hangover headache cured by more booze. I mean that is just self abuse. Anyone who goes for more booze when they have a serious headache from drinking too much. There is even a certain body type. Super slender and seems to only drink. They barely eat food. They'd rather drink than eat. The worse I've seen they look like a bag of bones and their teeth is decaying. Can drink more than half a bottle of scotch at a time. You smell it from their skin constantly. It just permeates in their sweat. This is a serious indication. I'm thinking they are close to toxic blood poisoning.
  13. Adrianna

This is what some people say. I think that this is said out of ignorance. A cult is generally thought of as being sinister. There is really nothing sinister about it actually if one were to take a look. The word is used loosely. There is no worshiping of the founder. Its more like admiration and acknowledgement. The knowledge is not hidden anyone can learn it. It's all based on family and that people are all basically good. Ways of understanding each other and the how the mind works. It is one man's theory. The detoxification is scientific as is the rest of the tech. More or less designed by experiment and experience.
    The funny thing about the word cult is what I heard this woman say. She's a raw vegan. Talking about thanksgiving and she said if you go to your relatives for this holiday. You'd think you entered some weird cult. Everybody is eating the same thing and God forbid you should eat anything else. Lol I thought this was funny and its true.
    Personally I am not one to just take other people's word for something. It's like getting to know someone through other people's point of view. It doesn't make sense and everyone's perception is different. Especially if their perception is distorted. So when you take something like this and just go with a majority. You could be missing out on something great or a great person. Look objectively.
  14. Adrianna

Well yeah what you are saying makes sense. The thing is when you are close to someone like this and it has gone on for so long. It changes things. Especially when you don't know them any other way. Thanks for the thoughts. I will keep it in mind. Although it the long run it is their decision. They seem to have a relentless attachment to doctors. It is funny because people who are like this are almost in some sort of addiction to the whole thing. Prescriptions and someone giving them medical attention. Almost like a hypochondriac.
  15. Adrianna

It's gone on periodically for so long. Everyone is in denial. Quite frankly the whole family is the same. Lol The mentality is off. Its a joke really. This family, each only cares about themselves. Denial and omitting the truth is like a disease. One side of the family their favorite past time is a witch hunt and usually their is no justification. If I say a word it will be me at the stake. Sad people considering the amazing ones I have seen throughout my life. My brother only cares about his work and his own life. He laughs about our parent's actions. He use to get mad about it but he is not around them any longer. He use to pretty much show disgust for their low level of thinking and random acts of nonsense. Nothing to be proud of the state of the average american family. Can't see beyond their nose.
  16. kgord

kgord Community Champion

It is always hard to have these issues in your family. It is simply something that is unfortunate and heartbreaking to deal with. I think you have come to the right place because I have no doubt that many on this site have suffered from similar problems throughout the course of their lives.
    deanokat likes this.
  17. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

So you're saying you will just leave them alone even though they're suffering and can't really decide on their own? So there's no point in asking for help them.
  18. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

As a former addict, it feels good to hear about optimism and hope from the members of this forum. Whether you smoke, drink or do drugs addiction of any kind is bad. However, if you become didactic and tell the addict to give up addiction he/she will not listen to you, however, if you are willing to listen to the inner voice of the addict, you will be able to help him/her/.
    deanokat likes this.
  19. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I'm really sorry to hear about your parents situation, it's always a heartbreaking thing to see people going down like that, it may sound kind of rude but it's inspiring that you are in a different position than them now, and you're being conscious about their problem, and I really hope that they realize about it really soon too.
    Good luck!
    deanokat likes this.
  20. queend17

queend17 Active Contributor

... I'm so sorry... I hope you can help your parents get the help they need... (I'm not even sure how to respond to this... I don't even sure how to respond most pf the stuff that happens here I try to give my best advice and condolences, but I'm really not sure how to respond...) Just keep trying to help them, even if they don't want it... and never give up on them...
    deanokat likes this.