An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why do people respond differently to drugs?

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by CpXi7z1, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

A good question. The way you say it almost sounds like Russian Roulette. It could be that the drug batches are different. Laced with different things to make different reactions. I mean vaccines are like this. Causing more death with black people or certain people. I've heard of this. I never thought about drugs themselves being like this. Almost targeted to cause a certain effect. It's like we want these people to become addicted so give them this batch. Some things I've had a bit of an addiction to. I could feel it, but I always tell myself to just get off of it. Whatever it is. I ride out side effects. There's always something to flush out of the system in order to get off of something. Sleeplessness, irritation, muscle spasms or whatever. I think some people there rationality has been lowered from whatever cause and they are just not thinking clearly enough to kick a drug. There are many factors for a person's intelligence to be lowered.
    The self defeating kind don't usually see what they do to themselves. I was thinking about this today. You know the self defeating bridge burners. What they do is they think you really will never love them or care for them the way they deserve. So they create this problem and make it look like it's your fault. Then they tell you something like don't call me again. Or don't come around here I'll call the cops. This nonsense cracks me up it is almost as if they are on drugs when they do dumb stuff like this. Then what they do is wait for you to come crawling back to make themselves feel mighty. But their self sabotage is so transparent that you are happy to stay away from them. Odd how people do this to themselves. Drugs, alcohol, and self sabotage seem to go hand in hand.
  2. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Simply because everyone is different. No two people are the same. There is not even a need for a scientific explanation for this question.
  3. juno

juno Community Champion

How people react to drugs has a lot to do with their tolerance, body weight and preexisting conditions. So, someone can often take more before an overdose compared to another.