An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why i used Marijuana

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Ones, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ones

Ones Member

Hi,through my job hunting mission, at times I felt depressed, moody and at times angered almost by everything. But when I tried to seek help from my trusted college mates,they'll give me advice while smoking weed.That's why I used weed.Truly birds of the same feathers flock together. That's my story on weed
    bhu likes this.
  2. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

It's very true. I started smoking because of the people I hung around. Ultimately, it was my own decision, but they had a big influence. I'm glad I'm free from it because it made me have anxiety and was just bad.
    bhu and Winterybella like this.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Back in high school and college days most of the people I hung around with smoked weed. I always made the choice not to give it a try. It was not something that I had any interest in and I am glad today that I stood my ground and never touched the stuff. I wish you all the best.
    bhu and Winterybella like this.
  4. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Hi there @Ones. Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds like something I have heard from many young ones I know. I am curious if it's even legal where you live. Whatever the case I remain concern about any substance that has any risk associated with it and marijuana is one such substance. If it's illegal you run the risk of getting in trouble with the law and I am a firm believer that it can be addictive not to mention some of the other health related problems that can result with abuse of the drug.

Around here birds of a feather stick together and we give loving support and advice where necessary. I think you are in good company here and we are happy to have you join this nest.
  5. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I guess many young people want to run away from their problems. Failing to find a concrete escape route, they resort to weed or other substances in an attempt to drown out their sorrows and confusion. They are not aware that using substances just to escape reality does not provide the right solutions. The escape substances can give you is only temporary.

Thankfully you've resolved your issues. The best way to handle your problems is to face them head on. I hope in the future you'll have enough strength to do so. Best of luck!
    bhu likes this.
  6. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Hi there :) Thanks for sharing your story. So I am guessing you are trying to stop this addiction? Do you have any action plan in mind? If not you should really think about attending NA meetings, you don't have to start participating right away... you can just go there as a guest and start participating once you feel comfortable enough or move on and try with another NA group (in case you don't feel so comfortable in the other).
  7. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

A lot of persons use weed for relaxation purposes, I really can't say much about it as it had no effect on me.
    Once you are using it in moderation, I don't think much harm will be done but people always get addicted so it is always better to completely avoid it.
  8. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

Many companies drug test before they will hire. Some companies random drug test too. It seems it would benefit job searching to be drug free. If you are not getting the help you need from your college mates, you should seek support elsewhere. NA, counseling, a close mentor or family member, etc. It can help to have someone to talk to about things who is wise and not judgmental.
  9. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I have tried pot like twice in my life. I just am not really interested in illegal drugs. Besides since I already drank and smoked occassionally, I felt you had to draw the line somewhere to be honest. It is just one of the things that I didn't want to do. I just find it kind of not my style to be honest.
  10. greybird29

greybird29 Active Contributor

Welcome Ones, my question is; did their suggestions help you find a job LOL? Many folks claim to have great ideas and does their best work while smoking weed or high on it. Many claim it helps them medically, others say it makes them feel like they need medical care. It is a proven fact that weeds affects different folks in many different ways.
    Most legitimate jobs test for all drugs before they hire you, randomly and in case of any accident. For those actually looking for a real job it would behoove them to be drug free.
  11. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

Yeah, definitely try to stop smoking while you're job hunting, and especially if the company you end up working with does random drug testing. You don't want to lose a job opportunity because you couldn't pass a drug screen. Trust me. That is one of the most humiliating phone calls, when the person that interviews you and spent time on you calls and asks if you're prescribed to marijuana. It's tough at first, but like smoking cigarettes, try to find something that you can replace with. Seems that your friends aren't the support that you need. I would definitely try to find someone that you can talk to and work with on staying sober, at the very least until you're hired at a job.
  12. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Your college mates rubbed off their bad habits on you. Some people actually do well at school when they are on weed; but this does not mean it is a good thing. When they do not get weed, it means they would not be able to think.
    It would have been best if you had approached older people as well to compare notes, not just to go with the flow.

I hope it has become a thing of the past because no one would employ someone who depends on weed to perform.
  13. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well I hope that you have already stopped using marijuana because it's quite bad for you, and you should just keep on looking for a job. Marijuana will cost you money too, so better not even waste your money on that because your jobless.
  14. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Most of the people take up sedative substances including marijuana and tobacco when they are lonely or are depressed. However, they understand that they took refuge on wrong place only when they became addicted to the substance.
  15. greybird29

greybird29 Active Contributor

Hey ones how are you doing, how is the job search going? How about your weed use, how much/often are you smoking? How does it make you feel; happy, sad, full of energy, sleepy, skittish, productive, blah, confident, paranoid or mellow? We would love to get an update on your journey and your job search. Best wishes to you in all you do.
  16. queend17

queend17 Active Contributor

Well, that story is pretty common among weed smokers... Though hopefully you and your friends haven't done anything reckless, so please be careful when it comes down to things like that...
  17. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Marijuana is a very popular choice to go for whenever you need something to let some steam and to get away from depression, I understand you. What I usually do whenever I am depressed, I would try my favorite activities like playing some basketball or some video gaming, they usually do the trick for me. Maybe you could try that as well.
  18. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

I know that it is very difficult to get rid of weed after you are addicted to it but it's not impossible. God is always there to help you. I will suggest you to just leave this drug before it destroys you completely. It is not too late and you can do it. You can read many success stories on the Internet. There are many people who have successfully left this drug and now, they are living completely healthy and happy life. They will help you to get motivated. After leaving it for the first time, you make experience the 'withdrawal symptoms' but don't get discouraged by them because they are temporary and they will not last forever. Feel free to post in this forum whenever you need help. We are there to help you. :)
  19. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

Typical story for those who smoke marijuana. It's usually under the influence of their peers. Not the best but far from the worst item to be doing. Just contain yourself and don't take it too far.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I think one of the most common reason why a person will try to use or consume something, that is peer pressure or influence. But the final decision will always be yours. Hope that you have been successful in looking for a job and be busy with it.