An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why Smoke Two Joints Instead Of One

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by 6up, Aug 12, 2015.

1. 6up

6up Community Champion

Why will you want to smoke two joints instead of one? Is it that the more you smoke the more you get satisfied?
  2. henry

henry Community Champion

It all depends on your tolerance to the drug. If one joint doesn't do it for you, it's likely you're just going to roll another one till you hit your sweet spot. Let me put it this way, if one beer doesn't give you a buzz, and that's what you're waiting for, you just might as well have a second one and a third, till you get your buzz.
  3. btalivny

btalivny Active Contributor

A joint is merely a container to hold the cannabis. Just because it looks the same does not mean they are all equal. Each strain of cannabis has their own level of potency. If the cannabis is on the pricey end of the spectrum, then one joint may actually be enough to feel the high which individuals look for. If the cannabis is really cheap, then you may need 2+ to fill your needs.
  4. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

There are plenty of reasons why one joint might not be enough. As @btalivny quite rightly says, all joints are not equal and either there wasn't enough weed in the first joint, or the weed that was in there was a weaker strain. Of course, there are people who have built up a tolerance to marijuana too.
  5. sksmith094

sksmith094 Member

Tolerance, man. When I first started smoking I could smoke one joint and be extremely high... Right before I quit smoking, after years of daily use, I could smoke three or four of the same joints and be not as high as the single one got me back in the day...

I felt like I had a cap where I couldn't get any higher, and I would stop after reaching that so as to not waste anything, Lol. I'm glad I gave that lifestyle up.
  6. movingforward1

movingforward1 Active Contributor

It depends on the quality of weed. Why have 2 drinks instead of 1? Why have 2 vodkas one night but 4 beers the next and get the same buzz? Street-quality "regular" weed would definitely leave me wanting a second joint.
    missbishi likes this.
  7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

There are two factors involved in this one. It's either you have really weak weed or your tolerance level is really high. I know people that can smoke all night on the highest weed possible. That is because they are lifetime smokers, and 2 joints will not do a damn thing to them. That's what we in Hawaii call CHRONIC.
  8. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

Like others said, it's tolerance. That and the quality of the herb you've selected to smoke on. But the fascination with smoking more goes to show you it just makes you want to use more and more, and if you have product generally you'll oblige your whims and smoke more than one. Unless you ration it and smoke recreationally, properly, then you probably won't want to smoke two.
  9. shenika

shenika Member

i believe smoker start out with one but when the addiction start kicking in they move on to two and continue, i believe self control can beat any addiction if you notice the urge is getting stronger cut down on your usage, for first time smoker one joint will be enough but ass time progress the urge will get stronger and you will want more and more and there is where the addiction will start.
  10. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Active Contributor

Basically It's like doubling your high. It could be from having built up a resistance, in which a person would need to smoke more to get the same result from one dosage.
  11. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Peole used to ask me this all the time. For me, it seemed that everyone else would ram as much weed as they could into one joint to get blasted. I never really liked getting blasted on it but rather, I enjoyed getting high gradually until I reached a certain point. Everyone else would be so smashed that they would act and talk like zombies. I never wanted to be like that and I was always conscious of the side effects it could have.
  12. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

Yeah I don't get this question, because more weed = more high duh?
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think it's the same as any other drug. Some people have two cigarettes instead of the one. Some people will have a couple of drinks instead of just the one.

The more you use a substance, the higher your tolerance will get, so people will often not be satisfied by having just the one, and will feel that they will have to double up, just to get the same effect.
  14. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Well, been experiencing with weed in the last couple of years and I've found that more smoking doesn't always mean more pleasure in fact it's almost the opposite...when I smoke too much weed I won't enjoy it...it might give me paranoia so no I usually stick with one joint unless I know I could handle it...
  15. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

The obvious answer here is tolerance. The more your body copes, the more you will need to get that same high you got the first time you tried it. But once you do get high, I don't know if you're gonna get any higher. I don't know. Either I get too tired to move to light a joint or I get preoccupied in getting food. I have a ceiling in getting high.
  16. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Yeah I don't know. Mostly in homeopathy less is more. I am not sure about weed. It's an herb and any herb in general you don't usually need to much for it to take effect. I think it would depend upon what kind it was. You know how strong. Some herbs an occasional larger amount is ok. Like ones for sleep you kind of need to use small amounts during the day and one last one at night for it to really help you sleep. These dispensaries where pot is legal these people are like experts in it. It's best to ask them. They study it and talk to the growers so they pretty much know.
  17. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I think like other people were saying it depends on the person, their tolerance, and the quality of the weed. I also think it depends on whether you are smoking in a social situation or if you are smoking by yourself. I do not see that it is a problem if you smoke more than one. Sometimes, you need more than other times so you have another one to get you to where you want to be.
  18. pwarbi

Some people will also smoke two cigarettes instead of one aswell, so I think a person smoking two joints will have similar reasons aswell.

Double your intake and it can last longer in your body and give you that more if a rush, and I found that people double up more, when they know they'll have to go longer before their next hit.
  19. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

That is a perfect example. Marijuana isn't all the same, there have been attempts to cultivate a marijuana with very little THC. The have made great progresses and I don't doubt that there will be certain strains that might have just a hint of THC.
  20. pwarbi

The quality of what your smoking is also a good point, and will make a person decide just how much they're going to smoke.

Sometimes just the joint is needed but on another occasion you know your going to need two or maybe even more to get that desired effect your looking for.