An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why We Created the DrugAbuse.com Community

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Joseph, Oct 1, 2014.

1. kfontroy

kfontroy Active Contributor

Thank you for providing such a helpful resource for people struggling with substance abuse!
    Joseph likes this.
  2. Ohyesuare

Ohyesuare Member

Just want to thank you for starting such a great forum. There is lots of valuable information here and many helpful members too. I am already finding out a lot of stuff that I did not know about addiction. I hope to be a helpful member as well for a long time to come. Thanks again!
    Joseph, bobbilady52 and monsterific like this.
  3. CieraLashae

CieraLashae Member

This a great forum for those who need a voice without fear of judgement, encouragement in times of need, and tips to overcoming their struggles. Thanks for starting this forum!
    Joseph likes this.
  4. Kris26

Kris26 Member

Hi my name is Kris I am an alcoholic and a drug addict. I have kicked drugs and alcohol several times but only stopped it all twice once for 4 months and 2 1/2 months. I'm getting extremely tired of having these things rule my life. Kinda nice to write down a little if how I'm feeling it's kinda getting my mind off wanting to drink
    Joseph likes this.
  5. downsouth

downsouth Active Contributor

Hi I just joined. While I have no substance addiction, I have family members that have struggled with it in the past and I myself suffer from depression and anxiety. Glad to be here.
    Joseph likes this.
  6. diamond

diamond Member

Hey guys! Really like how this forum looks! Like how the community seems to really enjoy helping others and sharing advice and feelings! I just have one quick question - If we have an experience of our own we would like to share with others, can we make out own thread as a new member?
    Joseph likes this.
  7. mikeqin

mikeqin Member

Thanks, i am new here and hope i can learn more from here.
    Joseph likes this.
  8. monsterific

monsterific Member

True, this is an amazing forum. I just joined today, and already I find it comforting to know that I'm not the only one undergoing struggles in helping a loved one. I have already started reading some threads here and I'm learning quite a lot. It further encouraged me that there are other things I can still do to help and more.. :D
    Joseph likes this.
  9. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Senior Contributor

I've been a member of this forum for a couple of days now and I don't know if I got a chance to say hi yet.

HIIIIIII! :)

Everyone on this forum is so great, and I really love the support that I see everyone giving each other. Support is so important, especially when it comes to things like drug abuse and coming forth with it. Even though we are behind our computer screens, it's still a lot to tell people that you barely know so we are all strong in that sense.
    Joseph likes this.
  10. danzig

danzig Member

Hi everyone! I'm new here and didn't see an introduction section so I hope that this is an appropriate place to introduce myself. I have only had slight experiments with drugs, but do have both friends and family members who have been affected by them and I have seen the damage they cause. I can't wait to get to know you all!
    Joseph likes this.
  11. neighborsboy

neighborsboy Member

Hello everyone, Just wanted to say hi and that I feel like finally I can talk openly without ridicule or judgement by my peers. I feel like everyone has a different story or reason for ending up with whatever issues they have. I have never been one to judge or point blame but lets face it...some people just got dealt a bad hand. I always say "Keep your head up, and your chest out!" That is truly all we have. "Be Easy!" Neighborsboy
    Joseph and ProShell like this.
  12. ProShell

ProShell Member

Thanks! I'm a new arrival to the site, but I hope that as I spend more time here I'll be able to learn and grow, and get a better understanding about the way that drugs of abuse have affected me, my family, and the world around us.
    Joseph likes this.
  13. catherine_sky

catherine_sky Member

Thank you for your message and welcome. I am over in the UK and the forum gives me a good view into issues, medications, treatments and options for care that may differ from here in the UK as well as highlighting the same struggles that exist wherever we all are.
    Joseph likes this.
  14. JennyHeart

JennyHeart Member

I was told if I wanted to receive a trophy i needed to leave a message somewhere on the site. Does this count? I really enjoy commenting here and will continue to play an active part in coming and starting new post. This site should help many people suffering from addiction.
    Joseph likes this.
  15. neighborsboy

neighborsboy Member

Perfect. I have written in many forums and this one is the best one yet. Welcome Jenny and I hope to see you posting soon.
    Joseph likes this.
  16. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

The pleasure is all mine. I have learnt so much here since the past few months. Being aware of others sufferings just helps me a lot to deal with mine.
    Joseph likes this.
  17. bobbilady52

bobbilady52 Member

I have a sister who is my twin and she is a serious alcoholic. She is 52 and she drinks a case of beer a day. I tried numerous times to help her. At this point she is couch surfing and I worry and pray for her to reach her rock bottom as they say that's when you reach out for help. I will invite her to this forum when I see her and maybe she would get something out of it. She is the type that keeps her drinking to her self and I feel like she has given up!! She also has been to 6 rehabs with no such luck to stop drinking. I can only hope that she will read this forum and understand there are people out there who can help her. I also want to thank the community for sharing and giving me a sense of hope and knowledge. Thank you all!!
    Joseph likes this.
  18. thisizznaveen

thisizznaveen Active Contributor

Hello ! this is Naveen and I am from India. As you all know that India is the one of the Country who faces this drug issue problem .India's young generation are very near to drugs due to this our Country's future comes to Dark.
    Thanks Joe C! Your forum helps many peoples and its a great place to gain positive thoughts. Thanks alot!
    Joseph likes this.
  19. AllenRexler

AllenRexler Member

Hi everyone! I stumbled my way to this corner of the Internet and I seem to have found a gem! I look forward to reading more about your stories, sharing my experiences and trading advice on remaining substance free. I am a pack a day smoker and have been for five years. I started smoking late in college, first to be sociable with friends who went out to smoke, and then out of general boredom. It was not long after being around smokers it became my go to thing to do both to relieve stress and as a reward for finishing something difficult. At this point I know it is an addiction, whereas before I would not admit that. I also think I have a problem with alcohol, but I'm not sure. I don't feel compelled to drink all the time, but when I do drink at social gatherings I have no middle ground and always end up the most intoxicated person there and regret things that happened as a result. It will be great to get some advice and to share what has worked for me when I am able to refrain from taking substances.
    Joseph likes this.
  20. Kappys

Kappys Member

This community appears to have pooled a large group of people with the same overall interests. Everyone here is willing to aid each-other in finding themselves, or cures to their addiction. I'm glad someone has taken the liberty to create such a site.
    deanokat and Joseph like this.