An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Why We Created the DrugAbuse.com Community

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Joseph, Oct 1, 2014.

1. BobPopporro

BobPopporro Active Contributor

hi! i am new here guys, just like other member here, i'm dealing with serious drug addiction. That is why i decided to signed up to look for some support and help. Tired being an addict an i want to quit this messy life one way or another.
    Joseph likes this.
  2. Katt

Katt Member

Hello everyone!
    I am Kat and although it feels strange saying (writing) this, I am an addict. As my addiction is smoking, I convinced myself that it is not really an addiction, that it is not that bad as it is not like I am high all day long. However, I have started smoking less and now I realize that cigarettes are a drug as well. I can't do anything without thinking 'oh I wish could have a smoke right now', I am always irritated and afraid I may lash out at someone for no reason.
    I hope I will be able to quit once and for all and I feel that talking about it might help.
    Joseph likes this.
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

It would be remiss of me if I did not say a big thank you for providing this community. I'm sorry it took me so long to get here. I honestly don't know how I missed this thread. I am certain that this community has touched the lives of many and has provided support and encouragement for persons struggling with substance abuse.

Personally, it has provided me with information and tools that I can use to help those around me. It has opened my eyes to so many things and has provided me with knowledge I would not otherwise have found. Although not a user, the forum has positively impacted on my personal life and for that I am eternally grateful. Thank you again.
    Joseph likes this.
  4. ABC123

ABC123 Member

Personally I have not been involved with drugs. I have only been around a few people who were involved with some form of drug or addiction. I think that a site like this is a great place for people to share and ask questions about such topics. For those struggling or wanted to share or have encouragement, having a site like this where they can get feedback from others seems great. I would also think that some people may not feel comfortable just sharing out in the grand internet their struggles. Therefore, those who do I think you have an extra dose of courage.
    Joseph likes this.
  5. jon

jon Active Contributor

Thank you for your positive comments. It's a good thing to have a place to share our thoughts and feelings about drug and alcohol abuse.
    Joseph likes this.
  6. glittergirl24

glittergirl24 Member

Hi Joe. I joined this site because my brother has been addicted to one drug or another for as long as I can remember, and within the last year, he started using heroin. He has stolen from me, my parents, and his friends. He has lost almost everyone in his life because of this drug. I think it's great that there is a site for support like this, so thank you!
    Joseph likes this.
  7. henry

henry Community Champion

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to thank you all for letting me join the forum. I've got to admit that I'm the kind of guy that usually doesn't ask for help, I'm the kind of guy who's always trying to pick up his friends when they're on the floor. But I think maybe it's time I let someone try to do something for me for a change.
    Joseph likes this.
  8. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Senior Contributor

Hello! Newbie here. Let's enjoy each other's companies. :D
    Joseph likes this.
  9. 6up

6up Community Champion

This forum help us all whether we are drug addicts or not. It is here that we have learned to change or learned to stay with addicts. I like it that I can read about stories from around the world and connect them with situations in my home town. Since we are here to listen, then we are here to change.
    Joseph likes this.
  10. This forum is really helpful.

Anyway,

Hi everyone! I am new here and my name is Madison!
    Joseph likes this.
  11. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

I think what you've done here is likely the most important forum, chat room, what have you that I've ever been able to be a part of! Thank you
    Joseph likes this.
  12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I have found tons of insight here and think it is a great outlet to share stories and find support. Thatnks for all you guys do and giving us a place to share.
    Joseph likes this.
  13. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Words fail to describe how happy I feel for discovering this forum. I've encountered so many nice people in the short time I've been a member. It's comforting to know there's always a place where I can pour out my thoughts without the constant fear of being judged for doing so. What you have going on is great and I just hope you keep it up and running for as long as possible. Thank you.
    Joseph likes this.
  14. anne16

anne16 Active Contributor

I would like to thank you and tell you too, that I am happy to be a part of this community. I love joining the forums as I am able to learn a lot from other people here and that I can say what's on my mind and heart without fear of being judged with my past.
    Joseph likes this.
  15. Rubyrose

Rubyrose Member

I am very glad to be apart of this community. I'm happy to be able to post about things I have experienced without being judged by anyone. Thank you for creating this forum!
    Joseph likes this.
  16. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

I feel the same Ruby, I think it's great that an online community where we can speak our mind and get open about our addictions is great, even more when there might be people who don't feel comfortable to assume it to people they know. Anonymity is still a good thing to start with.
    Joseph likes this.
  17. May102014

May102014 Active Contributor

Thank you Joseph! Through this site a lot of people are finding inspiration and motivation inside of them. It really helps people on what decision they should choose to make their lives better. It inspires them and let's them know their not the only ones going through rough times in life.
    Joseph likes this.
  18. sunflogun

Relating is another important part of recovery May. Seeing that other people are going through the same issues, that have the same problems, the same difficulties is a good thing, makes us see that we are not alone and that we have people we can rely on.
    Joseph likes this.
  19. deewanna

deewanna Senior Contributor

Thank you so much for this forum. It's like a second home. I am loving it so much and I'm sure I share the views of so many other people. I hope this online community will truly achieve it's purpose by reaching out to help those that are struggling with their addictions.
    You are doing a very good Job!
    Joseph and sunflogun like this.
  20. sunflogun

Those are really nice words deewanna, seeing the forum as a second home shows a lot the importance that it has for you. When you say something like this I feel that the forum has already achieved it's purpose. ;)
    Joseph likes this.