An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wife and cocaine

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Chicagopilot, Oct 15, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

Then your worry is MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU THOUGHT!!!!!
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. Chicagopilot

Chicagopilot Member

Yes. She has been down this road before. Put her through rehab for it about 7 years ago when we were dating and she did really well until 3 months ago.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

You have poured your heart here,as have I.....but is there something you can shed light on,or enlighten us about?I am an addict plan and simple,I just want to help
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

If not brother I pray for the best for you both
  5. Chicagopilot

Chicagopilot Member

I am good, actually in a good place and taking care of myself. Offering help and guidance to her when she asks, but also OK if things don’t work out.
    Through going to all the Al-anon meetings I have learned how to distance myself and keep myself happy.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  6. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

On crap!! Take it from another opioid addict, this is hard to treat. I'm so glad she is in treatment! Again think about some therapy for you. ALANON, anything. You need to take care of yourself.
    True concern likes this.
  7. Momofajs

Momofajs Member

One thing I know for sure about addicts after losing my 21 year old son 2 weeks ago is that they LIE about everything. Don’t believe anything she says. Get her into treatment and take your house back.
    DoxyMom likes this.
  8. Sebasty1987

Sebasty1987 Member

I'm sorry about your wife, but it's cocaine addiction. How does she feel now? I have a friend who has 3 children and a wife. In appearance, this is a really happy family and only the closest friends know how unhappy the children in this family are. Unfortunately, my friend is a drug addict. His wife tried to treat him in various clinics for a long time. They spent a huge amount of money on treatment but nothing helped. The saddest thing about this situation is that my friend doesn't give a damn about his wife's feelings. So I really hope that his wife will be able to divorce such an emotionally unavailable partner https://breakupangels.com/10-signs-of-an-emotionally-unavailable-partner/ like him and in the future, she will be able to find her happiness.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. Falcon

Falcon Member

I can concur from personal experience that the "stress" factor behind cocaine and/or crack addiction makes both your hair and teeth fall out. Doctors are not sure exactly why the teeth suffer so much from these addictions, but i know 'grinding' teeth during sleep happens without even knowing it. The negativity of stress even made my cat start going bald, yet again, strictly refering to the stress behind all this; Perhaps may or may not be- physically- a drug interaction.
  10. lovecraftXIX

lovecraftXIX Member

My acquaintance rules a significant amount of time in a rehabilitation center. She's older now, it's complicated to be at home by herself, and she needs help. Her children have all left for different countries, and she is left alone. Such people, I believe, need home care. It is good that now there is an opportunity to turn to a help service, And thanks to these people for such older adults you can not worry. Recently I met with this grandmother, and she told me that thanks to the help of people from this company https://homecareassistance.com/palm-beach she feels much better. She began to smile more often. Also, let's not forget the essential plus that they work 24 hours a day and seven days a week. That is, if you need to look after a person, they will look after them 24/7.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021