An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Will I be okay? Whats the damage?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Mike jonea, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Mike jonea

Mike jonea Member

I recently got invited to a party by an old friend of mine from highschool who, allegedly did some suspicious things, everything was normal the entire day, we'd had plans of drinking at the party and just catching up as old friends, little did I know that my 'old friend' was also a known powder addict, now I want to help him overcome his addiction, as I've known him most of my life, however at the party, we both, though mostly me, became so intoxicated, that one of the main substances I have vowed to never use, was used in /bulk/
    An entire tiny bag each, plus the large amount of alcohol in my system are known to be a bad combination, so I've heard
    At the moment, just an hour after waking up and being told what had happened, and shown some evidence, will I be okay? Is this going to affect me majorly? I used to be a tweaker, had plenty of bad trips and my mind, while now sure life is a simulation even when not tripping, is still more or less the same, if not wiser and more knowledgable, has relatively endured the regretful abuse I've given it, but I know that this powder is far more threatening than the simulation juice, what kind of danger am I in?
    I'm moderately fit, coming down from being obese, my diet is normal, low carbs, my lumgs have always been superb, even at my largest and with the copious amounts of ganja I've been using since my hoodrat childhood I normally power through sicknesses and other highs, and even trips if I can convince myself that life is currently going well, something most people usually can't handle, always had healthy organs too, if not above average, especially with my lungs, never been addicted to anything either, I tried cigarettes a while, thought about how I might **** up my nice lungs, and decided to skip buying a box of cancer every other day, please help if you can understand my high, very alert and uneasy mind about my current state of health
    Dominica and cheffy like this.
  2. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Thanks for sharing, that's a kind of unique take on the whole drug thing and you are right to ask the question of if you are going to be OK. I think the most important organ to worry about is your brain which is truly in charge of your mind, and just by being concerned and posting this I think your brain is certainly doing OK, even stellar! Maybe take the experience in question as OJT and know there is always a silver lining. And keep coming back here - there is a whole bunch of wisdom here at your fingertips and can help a lot.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

You are fine. Youbwrote something that made since the morning after. Therefore it is my personal opinion that you are ok. Probably feel like sh*t, but otherwise ok.
    Tweaking refers to meth use usually.
    Tripping does not refer to anything other than hallucinogenic drug use.
    So if you used to be a tweaker and stopped the crystal then would be much much less worried about a tiny bag of coke.
    Plus you said one bag each. Even if you bought an eight ball and did all that if you woke up, and have the presence of mind to ask Am,i ok then your ok.
    I do understand exactly why you are asking yourself that. Welcome to a cocaine alcohol hangover. Its normal. Not healthy, but take my word for it. Unlike alcohol, where you can actually build up,a tolerance to,hangovers(and eventually become an,alcoholic) this is how you will feel every single time after cocaine use. Except worse every time. Trust me when I say you should make this your first and last flirt with powder. You can hate it and still want it at the same time. I'm speaking from experience.
    A powder crash always makes you wonder if you'll be ok. Every drug has a signature high and a signature comedown. The am I going to be ok is a coke classic.
    deanokat, Onceaddicted77 and Dominica like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Mike jonea hello and welcome. how are you doing now? i hope you are feeling better. tough to say how this will affect you... but if you leave the stuff alone now... chances are you'll be just fine. hope you stay away from it!
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I think you'll be alright, @Mike jonea. But definitely stay away from coke...and that "friend."