An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Will I get hooked after taking drug for only once or twice?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Sheila, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Sheila

Sheila Member

I have an unexplainable phenomenon that exists everyday.The things I see,listen and think can be known by everyone.Feeling like a person who is totally transparent.I used to take some mental drugs at the first place,but later on I started realizing that this phenomenon can't be treated by medicines as well as any other medical treatments.So,I came up with an idea that perhaps use cocaine or heroin might be work with it.Simply because these drugs can stimulate our cerebral cortex by intaking them in order to let this phenomenon gets disappeared.My question is that whether I will get addicted after trying on cocaine or heroin after even once or twice.Hopefully can receive answers with your experiences as soon as possible!
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Embrace not the illusion that heroine or cocaine will be of any help to you. Yes you can't get addicted to any drug if you use it once but please note that many people who end up getting addicted seek to "experiment," find out if what they've heard about drugs is true. By the time they realize they shouldn't be touching the drugs it's too late. They are already hooked. I suggest that you talk to a shrink.
  3. vincelucker

vincelucker Member

That's how cocaine and heroine addicts start, they start with experimenting thinking they will able to stop. They then get hooked and are unable to stop using. To be on the safe side i would not advice anyone to experiment on drugs. See a shrink maybe they will be able to help but never experiment on drugs.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

In my experience I don't know anybody that as become addicted after taking a substance just once. To form an addiction I think you'll have to take something a number of times before your body starts to crave a certain chemical or feeling.

A lot of people will feel the desire to experiment, especially when they're growing up and they will be influenced by people around them but they won't just try something once, they end up trying it a few times and that's how the problem starts.
  5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

You can very well get addicted to a drug after only using it once or twice if you like the effect it had on you. It is better not even to be tempted to use a drug no matter how good it made you feel or the things you have heard about it.