An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Will never stop needing a friend...

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Hr2hlp, Nov 3, 2015.

1. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

First of all, welcome to the forum. I am glad you choose this forum for sharing your experiences. Forget about living in isolation. I am very happy as you are clean for almost 3 years. You are really a brave person. You will never live in isolation as we are all here to help and support you. Feel free to share your experiences on this forum and never hesitate to get any support. Once again, welcome. :)
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

That's odd. I guess the reason why your parents stopped speaking to you is because they still can't accept the fact that you ruined your life because of drugs. But if they don't want to speak to you ever again then that's their problem, right? I'm glad that you are now sober. Keep it up!
  3. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

Hello and welcome, @Hr2hlp. Thanks so much for sharing your story. That's some great long-term clean time you've got there. Congratulations! You've come a very long way, and you seem to be doing well at least keeping up your relationship with your kids. That alone will pay off in spades. Your family might be more of a challenge, but @deanokat's advice sounds good. Prepare, give it a try and accept however it goes. It's all in the Serenity Prayer. Best wishes on your path and keep coming back to let us know how things are going. :)
  4. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

Being an addict is the best way to check on your friends. Who will stay and who will turn your back? It is usually like that. For some unknown reason some people love our sorry excuses for a person and we love them back as well for that and again for some unknown reasons. If there is a good side of addiction it is that revelation of true and false people around you. We all need them and I have seen some fake friends in my life but also those who are not.