An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Will vaping replace cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Joethefirst, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Vaping is becoming more and more popular and cigarettes have a very bad rep. Will there be a time that people won't smoke anymore but will vape?
  2. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

People will always enjoy the burn of smoking a real cigarette. That is something vaping cannot replace, so I don't see cigarettes disappearing altogether due to vaping. I do see vaping taking a chunk out of the cigarette market, but not all of it.
  3. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I don't know that they will - I certainly see it as a possible alternative to cigarettes, but I guess I'm thinking on a global scale here. I think that in a lot of countries, cigarettes are a heck of a lot cheaper than a vaping device would be - and quite frankly I think a lot of the time people are just too ingrained in their addictions to worry until possibly something serious happens with their health. So that's a factor too.
  4. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

I think there'a a very strong chance. I gives a really strong motive and of course, the reduced risks are an added benefit. All those flavours you get with it and the prices you can save.
  5. Joethefirst

If the price of cigarettes become so expensive that most people can't afford them there might be a big move to vaping. I don't see cigar smokers changing though as they don't smoke that often as cigarette smokers do.
  6. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I don't know when that will happen. I still have seen people smoking cigarettes. There are a lot of people vaping also. Ever since the hookah sticks came out some people would rather buy them.
  7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I think that tobacco industry is one of the biggest ones in the word and I'm not sure if vape industry is going to substitute it. I guess it's possible because as you've said it has became incredibly popular, but I think that there will still exist people who smoke cigarettes.
  8. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Well in my opinion, vaping is a fad and someday people will get tired of it. Like they say, the original is still the best so I guess it really won't be able to replace cigarettes. And besides, wasn't it designed to help people quit smoking? So I guess, eventually, people will stop vaping. Unless of course, if they get addicted to it.
  9. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

In my opinion, I think if there were more adverts to promote vaping over cigarettes, there could be competition especially among young ones. But cigarettes will always be there and appreciated by many especially those of the older generation.
  10. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Vaping has been around for quite a while, but the tobacco sales are still high, and it seems like it won't drop anytime soon. So I think that it will be a long way to go before vaping can actually replace cigarettes.
  11. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

I personally think that it all depends on people, because I do not think that the regular cigarettes are going to be superated by vapers, however it might be possible but some years will have to pass in order to make that possible, that is my opinion though.
  12. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Vaping will give you the same feel as cigarette but health experts say it's no better and it presents other dangers outside nicotine addiction and lung problems. According to studies, vaping can cause cancer much like e-cigarettes. It produces fumes that can be detrimental to your lungs and nasal tract.
  13. Joethefirst

Advertising has had a great impact on vaping, since tobacco companies are no longer allowed to advertise freely in most countries. Vaping has taken that space.