An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Will you buy Marijuana for your sick child?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Juanpeace, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

This is a really interesting topic, you see, there is a petition from a Mexican parent who is trying to gather enough signatures so her daughter can have access to medical marijuana in Mexico. That little girl lives in constant pain and will never be self sufficient, I of course signed said petition. Recently a group of people appealed in front the supreme court of said nation, so they could be granted the right to be able to grow and use their own weed for recreational use.

I really think some countries are getting ahead of this race :) If it was me, yes, I'd risk it all for my child.
  2. ellyjude

ellyjude Active Contributor

Surely, is there a difference in Marijuana? I mean, medical Marijuana and non-medical Marijuana? I think both are harmful and addictive. I also think that all states should legalize it since its benefits outweighs its negative effects.
  3. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

Marijuana's proven to be a good medical resource, so why not use it if it's legal? I mean, if it meant the life of my kid, I'd do anything for him. I think everyone could agree with me on this one.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

As others have said, if your child gets sick then you will do whatever it takes, no matter what the consequences might be, to make sure they get all the help they need.

If I was told it would help, I wouldn't have any hesitation in buying marijuana and I'd be willing to risk the consequences that came with that.
  5. ellyjude

ellyjude Active Contributor

It is legal in some states but not all. I hear that Jamaica has legalized it but not for medical purposes. Marijuana should be used but only if there are no other better options.
  6. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I would hate to be in the situation where I would have to make this decision. I would do anything to save my child from dying in any way I could. I would have to have no other option of saving them before considering it and I would need solid proof that it would work. But, I would have to say yes I would get them illegal medication in order to save their life. I would not be able to live with myself if I did not do everything possible to save them.
  7. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Exactly, it's very easy to sit to the one side and say what you should do and what you shouldn't do. The worst thing a parents can experience is see their children in pain.
  8. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

This is a very sensitive and controversial subject on a very personal level ethically and emotionally. I believe I would seek this type of treatment if it was the only option proven to 'cure' or 'aid' in my child's illness with no additive tendencies.

I just think it is a far reach to attempt to legalized a substance that has been tagged as being addictive for so many years.
  9. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Marijuana is illegal in my home country, legalization of marijuana for medical purpose is not still in discussion. Marijuana works as painkiller, if I have to use it to ease pain of my son, or loved ones for that matter, I would certainly buy marijuana. It is better than pain killer.
  10. bonzmistrz

bonzmistrz Member

Hello everybody, first off I have to say yes. If my child was really sick and there was nothing that would help I absolutely would. I would do anything for my child. I don't see the problem of giving it to my child if it was in a medical sense especially if it was the only thing there was to help my child.
  11. akiram13

akiram13 Community Champion

This is a trick question. But being a mother myself and I had to see my child suffer I would not hesitate to do everything I can to help them. If it would be absolutely necessary than no doubt. If its for medical reasons and not abused than I can be in agree with this.