An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wise words from recovered celebrities

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by kassie1234, Oct 1, 2015.

1. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I think the text in the pictures will sum these up, but I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    deanokat likes this.
  2. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think pictures and words like this can help not only a person recover but stop a person getting addicted in the first place.

When your young it's easy to look at the lifestyles of some of the celebrities and want to follow in their footsteps, looking at them and how they have suffered and how they've coped with addiction can also work in the same way and make people realise what path not to follow.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

These are awesome quotes and so inspiring! Thank you for taking the time to post all of these. These celebrities have come a long way from where they once were! I commend them for clearing up their lives and being an inspiration to others!
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I agree and for celebrities such as these to even offer these words must have been hard.

I think a lot of people won't want the world to know that they have gone through addiction and recovery, and celebrities like this are showing that there is nothing to be ashamed of and there is a way to recover.
  5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Wow, never knew that Bradley Cooper was an addict. It is shocking what you learn about people and comforting that even people who are celebrities and make a ton of money have struggles like the rest of us. Thanks for sharing this!
  6. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice that they have those quotes or inspirational messages. That kind of words could also inspire others to overcome their addiction. That will also make someone realize that it is really possible to quit.
  7. kassie1234

Neither did I until recently! I think that's the humbling thing though about addiction - there are so many people out there suffering, but some manage to keep it under wraps pretty well.
  8. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Robert Downey Jr is a great example of someone who was terrible and now is a super recovered star. Anyone can do it!
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Wow. I was actually smiling from ear to ear while reading those quotations from famous celebrities. Those are really inspiring words, and I couldn't help but really be proud of what they have achieved in recovery so far. If these people have overcame their addiction issues, then I believe others can do it as well, right? Very motivating. Thank you so much for sharing! :)
  10. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I love the quotes! Very inspirational. The one from Robert Downey Jr. was a little comical. I'm glad they all realized and got their lives together. Makes me really happy for them.
  11. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

Actors and actresses are role models . It is so good to see these actors us something positive to look up to. These quotes should be used in rehab programs to show recoveries substance abuse is not a color thing or a poor things its a human thing. We all have demons no matter how much fame or money we have and we can overcome them. I would have loved to see some actresses photos and quotes in the initial posting also.
  12. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

That's really good! Thank you for putting in the work and making or collecting those for us.
    RDJ's is my favorite, short concise and funny!
  13. kassie1234

I enjoyed his too! I thought it was nice that despite what he has been through, he really still has his sense of humor well intact!
  14. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Thank you for sharing these inspiring quotes from celebrities, it just gives peoople more motivation and inspiration to quit. I think these photos would make great wallpapers in those rehab centers, don't you think?
  15. sunflogun

Celebrities are not different from regular people, their words are just enhanced by the media, so that is why it's so important to see them recovering, they become role models.
  16. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I endorse what you are saying. It could also work to help those who hold these celebrities in high esteem. When they hear things from people they respect, they might likely pay more attention. I'd be interested to see what female celebrities have say about addiction and recovery.
  17. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

The ones from Gerard Butler and Russel Brand are my favorites but the Robert Downey Jr one just made me snort and laugh out loud getting me a funny look from my fiance from across the room. Ha!
    These are neat though, thanks for sharing them!
    I agree with the above poster, would be neat to see what the females have to say as all of these celebrities were male.
  18. sunflogun

Not exactly inspirational...

[​IMG]
  19. kassie1234

I can't stand her stance - ugh...it's everything that's wrong with celebrities who downplay drug use and act like it's nothing. I think it's irresponsible when you're a public figure that young people admire to do that!
  20. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

Yeah... not inspirational at all. Makes me sad as she is one the teen girls look up to. We need more strong and smart women in the popular culture for them to want to be like.